Hello i have been reading this forum for a while and decided to sign up. :) I am a junior in HS and have one full hour of flight time :rolleyes: i am hooked on helis. I was taking fixed wing lessons, but after a couple rides in a R44 i am hooked. I want to eventually fly for the Army of AirForce. I like the warrent officer program, because i heard that u fly more then officers? I know the AF doesnt have as many heli's but my old man is ex RAAF. So what do u all think. Is it better to go army or AF. Might i as well be an officer than W.Officer.?? Any military men here.

Thanks for the Help. :D

Ex-Air Force here. OK, USAF, but if you're talking which branch has more choppers, and it's the Army, then go for the Army. Better chance to fly heli's if that's what you need.

What kind of heli's does the Army fly? Don't get into Blackhawks. From what I understand, flight time in a Blackhawk doesn't count for a commercial license. I remember some one telling me that the reason is because the bird has redundant systems that allow for flight even if you forget a few steps for control.

Do they choppers in the outback?

Later

Guest rookie101
Do they choppers in the outback?

Later

The helicopter company (HTS) right next to the flight school you and I plan on attending ships a skycrane down there every summer for the fire season. In fact the day I took my demo-flight, they were preping the ship for transportation to Australia

btw cadet, I would go the army route...just my 2 cents

You took a demo flight? I'm jealous!

Who'd you fly with?

Well in Australia, they use helicopters for you regular, things medical, police, military,ect,ect. But one of me dads friends had invited us up to his 1 million acre cattle station for the long weekend. He had an R22 that he used to round up cattle. It was pretty cool. I went up with him when he was doing it and boy what a rush :D I dont thing i have had so much fun in one day B) It was like a dragonfly just zipping all over the place :)

Guest rookie101
But one of me dads friends had invited us up to his 1 million acre cattle station for the long weekend. He had an R22 that he used to round up cattle.

1 million acres :o :blink: and he has only one helicopter :blink: I think that guy would need 3 or 4