web based ground school ?

OK, so I realize there are a lot of people who read this board that are not yet private pilots, some that are not yet even student pilots. How about a list of websites where these prospective new pilots can go to get some ground school exposure and maybe save some money? I'll start with one of my favorites, www.mywrittenexam.com Great site, good test questions and best of all its FREE !

It is important to distinguish the difference between ground school (general knowledge) :unsure: and FAA Knowledge (written) Test preperation (what you need to know to pass the written(s)). Though there is some overlap, the new student will need to focus on each task to accomplish different means.

The example you gave Goldy is written test prep. I'm not familiar with that site but many test prep sites, softwares, and books focus on the airplane written exams and do not include the helicopter specific questions. A site/software I have used and been very pleased with that includes the helicopter knowledge tests and is inexpensive is:

For ground school type information there is:

...and of course...

Justfly- Youre absolutely right. what I meant to do was have one thread with links to ground school info and written test questions. I think you accomplished both. By the way, mywrittenexam.com has all of the available tests, including rotary, commercial, fixed wing, sport pilot, etc....