FAA Written test questions

Guest 13snoopy
Joker and Grant,

Thanks for the replies guys. I do have the test prep software and am using that as well, trying to use several learning types (both written and computer-multimedia) to try to get the information from a a couple of angles because of the learning curve.

Yes, I am trying to learn and understand the questions as best as I can so its not just FAA questions I have memorized, but trying to be more well rounded for future tests, and also it seems that some of the oral.practical test questions relate to the FAA written questions.

I just don't want to waste to many brain cells and hours of studying on test questions that don't relate what so ever.

Example for a Glider:

3750 "What minimum upward current must a glider encounter to maintain altitude?

A.) At least 2 feet per second.

B.) The same as the gliders sink rate.

C.) The same as the adjacent down currents.

Thanks everyone for your help so far!

You will not have a glider question in the Rotorcraft test.

I am doing some pre-studying prior to starting flight school in a few months for my PPL-H. My instructor suggested that I start studying for the FAA written to help save on time and possibly money. I bought a few books to get a little further ahead and to get some knowledge of aircraft and heli's specifically.

Now I am on to a study book with the written questions, answers and explanations in it (for all the supposed FAA questions for all cats/classes of aircraft). My question to all of you experiance folks who have taken the FAA written is this: How much do I need to pay attention to questions that pertain to gliders, lighter-than-air ships and the like. It doesn't bother me to study and review additional test questions and gain some insight in other fields. But to be honest, I would prefer to focus on what my goal is (PPL-H for now), and concentrate on the subject matter that seems to be the most pertinent.

The study book did mention that all the questions should be reviewed, but more than likely only test questions for the class of license being sought will be used. For rotary aircraft, all questions labelled "All, aircraft, and Rotary" would most likely be used. Whereas, questions marked only "Gliders, Lighter-than-air" etc would more than likely not show up for a PPL-H license test. Is this accurate information or does somebody have some good useful information here to sugest otherwise, and all questions from the pool of questions for all aircraft need to be reviewed.

Sorry for being long winded on a short subject, but I am just trying to pass on exactly what I am looking for. Thanks everyone in advance. PS, I did do a quick search and didn't really find anything that pertained in my opinion from what I saw. - Roger

You will not have a glider question on your PP written test. No way.

Don't bother studying them.

• 7 years later...

I am doing some pre-studying prior to starting flight school in a few months for my PPL-H. My instructor suggested that I start studying for the FAA written to help save on time and possibly money. I bought a few books to get a little further ahead and to get some knowledge of aircraft and heli's specifically.

Now I am on to a study book with the written questions, answers and explanations in it (for all the supposed FAA questions for all cats/classes of aircraft). My question to all of you experiance folks who have taken the FAA written is this: How much do I need to pay attention to questions that pertain to gliders, lighter-than-air ships and the like. It doesn't bother me to study and review additional test questions and gain some insight in other fields. But to be honest, I would prefer to focus on what my goal is (PPL-H for now), and concentrate on the subject matter that seems to be the most pertinent.

The study book did mention that all the questions should be reviewed, but more than likely only test questions for the class of license being sought will be used. For rotary aircraft, all questions labelled "All, aircraft, and Rotary" would most likely be used. Whereas, questions marked only "Gliders, Lighter-than-air" etc would more than likely not show up for a PPL-H license test. Is this accurate information or does somebody have some good useful information here to sugest otherwise, and all questions from the pool of questions for all aircraft need to be reviewed.

Sorry for being long winded on a short subject, but I am just trying to pass on exactly what I am looking for. Thanks everyone in advance. PS, I did do a quick search and didn't really find anything that pertained in my opinion from what I saw. - Roger

Test Prep ASA software