Robinson safety school

I'm starting class Monday, and have been think about what to ask for on the R44 flight portion.

My thoughts are for at least demos of auto from OGE hover, and settling with power. Does anybody have any suggestions about other things I might ask for since this is kind of a unique opportunity?

PA- are you checked out on the 44 ? I was told by one of the Robinson test pilots (he'll go nameless to protect the innocent ) that they dont really let you fly all the emergency procedures if your not checked out and comfortable in the aircraft. This same pilot took me into a SWP (Vortex ring state) in the R 22 like nothing I could ever imagine in my worst nightmare...all just as he was saying" ok, you have the controls !!". Great stuff!

So, I guess the answer lies with how comfortable you are in the aircraft, the more comfortable you are flying the 44 the more they will demonstrate with you. If your not checked out, its more like a demo flight, where they just show you stuff.

What about auto's and hydraulic failures ?

BTW- The weather right now is fantastic, you couldnt ask for a better day. High about 80..gentle breezes. I live about 30 miles north of Robinsons place....have fun out there !

PA- are you checked out on the 44 ?

What about auto's and hydraulic failures ?

BTW- The weather right now is fantastic, you couldnt ask for a better day. High about 80..gentle breezes. I live about 30 miles north of Robinsons place....have fun out there !

I have the 44 logbook endorsement, and have done run on landings with failed hydraulics. This oughta be fun!

Ask to fly with a RHC employee test pilot, NOT a contractor. They say they're too busy to schedule you like that, but if you keep hounding them about it, you might get your way.

Then, ask that guy to show you some low-g stuff, 40 kt autos, etc.

I plan to ask for an RHC pilot. Low G - I dunno, 40 kt autos, that might be interesting. Thanks.

Personally, I'd ask Judy for her number :wub: :wub: :wub:

If you've had good training (and I'm sure you have) the flight will be little more than a review of things you have already covered.

The maintenance part of the course was the most interesting for me.

If you are looking for something a little different to eat, try the Elephant Bar in Torrance.....interesting

Have fun

Fly safe

Clark B)

Personally, I'd ask Judy for her number :wub: :wub: :wub:

If you've had good training (and I'm sure you have) the flight will be little more than a review of things you have already covered.

The maintenance part of the course was the most interesting for me.

If you are looking for something a little different to eat, try the Elephant Bar in Torrance.....interesting

Have fun

Fly safe

Clark B)

I damn near stepped on my tongue when I say her this morning!

I might give the Elephant Bar a shot tonight or tomorow night. Thanks.

Sorry boys - Judy got married about a month ago to a local flight instructor! When I was in class in August I also tried to get one of the factory pilots but was told you take what you are assigned. However - a box of candy worked wonders for another favor I needed!!!!! Kevin