Love / Hate relationship - Favorite stories?

Bristol

I sat here and tried to think of something that I don't like about flying, but couldn't really think of anything in particular. That's weird.

At any rate, probably my favorite thing so far, would have to be the time I get to just "hang out" with others that have the same love for flying that I do.

What about you all... any favorite stories? Crazy happenings? etc.....

Bristol +++++++++++++++++++++

ministry-of-silly-walks-4.jpg

I sat here and tried to think of something that I don't like about flying, but couldn't really think of anything in particular. That's weird.

I hate looking up and seeing a Mooney at 400 AGL heading straight for me, say 200 feet away, closing at 200 plus knots..damn, can really ruin your whole day. Puts a real fresh perspective on your life though, and usually requires new shorts..Other than that, damn fun stuff !

Oh yeah, hate balancing my checkbook, especially the big checks going to helicopter rentals !!

Goldy

What I like most about flying?

A couple of aspects to it.

The most bestest thing is the glass of champagne before pushback, and the lay-flat bed to use while the poor crew has to stay awake all night - I get to sleep off the bottle of red I had with the dinner.

The next best thing is when I am not a passenger. The thrill of a well-executed 180-degree descending quickstop to terminate over the pad into the 30-kt wind never fades. The enjoyment of scooting along the beaches on a sunny day, and looking at the enthralment on the passengers' faces lasts the rest of the day.

What I like least about flying?

Getting stuffed around by a "B" team air tragic controller who cannot cope with having a helicopter wanting to mix it with his jets, and holds me outside the zone for lengthy periods. The "A" team simply says "See that 747? Don't hit it, and come on in."

Getting stuffed around by a "B" team air tragic controller who cannot cope with having a helicopter wanting to mix it with his jets, and holds me outside the zone for lengthy periods. The "A" team simply says "See that 747? Don't hit it, and come on in."

air tragic controller .... hahahahaha