Oppurtunities for Private pilot

First thing, read 61.113 in the FAR/AIM.

Then realize that "compensation" can be in non-monetary form, including reduced or no-cost flight time - this has been well proven in the courts. The only legal way to get free stick time is to find someone who will let you fly their helicopter just for fun.

Beware also the trap of offering to give friends or acquaintenances rides or take them places in return for them paying for the flight costs. Again, the only legal way have someone share the costs is if you were making the flight anyway, and if they pay for no more than half the actual cost of the flight. Many pilot certificates have come to grief by trying to create a grey area when in fact none exists.

So what you need is a rich friend with a helicopter!

I dont know as much as most these guys out here but there basically isnt any work even if you have a commercial, most people build hours instructing until you get to 1000 hours then there is work.
Instructing IS work.

If you want to know what work is available to a non-PT 135 (aka sub-1,000-hour) pilot , look at the FAR/AIM, PT 119.1(e) for the complete list of what a commercial pilot can do under PT 91.

Instructing IS work.

If you want to know what work is available to a non-PT 135 (aka sub-1,000-hour) pilot , look at the FAR/AIM, PT 119.1(e) for the complete list of what a commercial pilot can do under PT 91.

(e) Except for operations when common carriage is not involved conducted with airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of 20 seats or more, excluding any required crewmember seat, or a payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more, this part does not apply to—

(1) Student instruction;

(2) Nonstop sightseeing flights conducted with aircraft having a passenger seat configuration of 30 or fewer, excluding each crewmember seat, and a payload capacity of 7,500 pounds or less, that begin and end at the same airport, and are conducted within a 25 statute mile radius of that airport; however, for nonstop sightseeing flights for compensation or hire conducted in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, the requirements of SFAR 50–2 of this part or 14 CFR part 119, as applicable, apply;

(3) Ferry or training flights;

(4) Aerial work operations, including—

(i) Crop dusting, seeding, spraying, and bird chasing;

(ii) Banner towing;

(iii) Aerial photography or survey;

(iv) Fire fighting;

(v) Helicopter operations in construction or repair work (but it does apply to transportation to and from the site of operations); and

(vi) Powerline or pipeline patrol;

(5) Sightseeing flights conducted in hot air balloons;

(6) Nonstop flights conducted within a 25-statute-mile radius of the airport of takeoff carrying persons or objects for the purpose of conducting intentional parachute operations.

(7) Helicopter flights conducted within a 25 statute mile radius of the airport of takeoff if—

(i) Not more than two passengers are carried in the helicopter in addition to the required flightcrew;

(ii) Each flight is made under day VFR conditions;

(iii) The helicopter used is certificated in the standard category and complies with the 100-hour inspection requirements of part 91 of this chapter;

(iv) The operator notifies the FAA Flight Standards District Office responsible for the geographic area concerned at least 72 hours before each flight and furnishes any essential information that the office requests;

(v) The number of flights does not exceed a total of six in any calendar year;

(vi) Each flight has been approved by the Administrator; and

(vii) Cargo is not carried in or on the helicopter;

(8) Operations conducted under part 133 of this chapter or 375 of this title;

(9) Emergency mail service conducted under 49 U.S.C. 41906; or

(10) Operations conducted under the provisions of §91.321 of this chapter.

ok fling I'm confused on line 7 sub line i thru iv

can you clarify this? why would this be different than conducting a non stop sightseeing tour from said airport?

:wacko: I kinda understand what you're saying, but flying with 2 pax or less under said condition of sublines i thru iv make no sense compared to the rest of the section

so if you have a non stop sightseeing tour of 2 pax or less you have to follow those sublines?

there's no other reference that would diferenciate(sp) line 7 and sublines from the rest of the section!

:wacko: I kinda understand what you're saying, but flying with 2 pax or less under said condition of sublines i thru iv make no sense compared to the rest of the section

so if you have a non stop sightseeing tour of 2 pax or less you have to follow those sublines?

there's no other reference that would diferenciate(sp) line 7 and sublines from the rest of the section!

It has nothing to do with sight seeing. Sightseeing is allowed on the same list, just as is parachuting, fire fighting etc. The 25 mile radius is the only similarity. #7 is simply allowing a pilot to do a drop off of passengers and get paid for it without a 135 certificate. It says nothing about non-stop or even returning to the same airport.

(7) Helicopter flights conducted within a 25 statute mile radius of the airport of takeoff if—

(i) Not more than two passengers are carried in the helicopter in addition to the required flightcrew;

(ii) Each flight is made under day VFR conditions;

(iii) The helicopter used is certificated in the standard category and complies with the 100-hour inspection requirements of part 91 of this chapter;

(iv) The operator notifies the FAA Flight Standards District Office responsible for the geographic area concerned at least 72 hours before each flight and furnishes any essential information that the office requests;

(v) The number of flights does not exceed a total of six in any calendar year;

(vi) Each flight has been approved by the Administrator; and

(vii) Cargo is not carried in or on the helicopter;

ok fling I'm confused on line 7 sub line i thru iv

can you clarify this? why would this be different than conducting a non stop sightseeing tour from said airport?

For example, I piloted a helicopter for an event at a local tech company. I brought the VP of sales from a nearby airport to the parking lot of the company HQ as part of a showy production kicking off a new product. He got out, I went home, done deal. Technically, I can't do this under Part 91, as I am providing air transport. However, the FAA recognizes that there will be times where an operator may neet to provide just this type of service. In this instance, I called the FSDO, faxed them my plan and pertinant info, and they faxed me back an approval. Done deal.