Mil pilot looking for work

Lynxboy

Hi all.

I am new here, so bear with me! First off, I am a British military Lynx pilot. I have flown a number of types, but mostly Lynx in the utility role in various different places, including Iraq, Bosnia. I have 1000 hrs, mostly rotary (60 FW), am used to flying in all the usual military disciplines - night, NVG, low level, USL, confined areas, mountains, desert, etc.

I have a JAA CPL (H) (UK CAA), having done ATPL groundschool, and have an IR booked.

So that is basically me. I am looking for work, preferably utility or offshore, and am really not bothered where. I will go where the work is. I am not chasing any particular salary yet, I just dont want to go hungry, and want to be able to afford a few toys!

I am also looking at work in Euroland, but am interested to hear if there might be any opportunities in North America. I have a CV prepared if anyone might be interested.

Look forward to any replies - positive or negative - dont hold back, I have thick skin.

LB.

Edited by Lynxboy

Hi all.

I am new here, so bear with me! First off, I am a British military Lynx pilot, 30 yrs old, shortly out of the army, after 8 yrs service. I have flown a number of types, but mostly Lynx in the utility role in various different places, including Iraq, Bosnia, UK, Germany, Austria, Australia. I have 1000 hrs, mostly rotary (60 FW), am used to flying in all the usual military disciplines - night, NVG, low level, USL, confined areas, mountains, desert, etc.

I have a JAA CPL (H) (UK CAA), having done ATPL groundschool, and have an IR booked.

So that is basically me. I am looking for work, preferably utility or offshore, and am really not bothered where. I will go where the work is. I am not chasing any particular salary yet, I just dont want to go hungry, and want to be able to afford a few toys!

I am also looking at work in Euroland, but am interested to hear if there might be any opportunities in North America. I have a CV prepared if anyone might be interested.

Look forward to any replies - positive or negative - dont hold back, I have thick skin.

LB.

With your experience and certs, you'll be good to go. Look at the employment section on this site and at Justhelicopters.com. You'll fit plenty of jobs out there... especially overseas work. Also, don't worry too too much about the hour requirements. Your military experience in turbines, instruments, terrain flight, and night work could possibly push through many insurance requirements. Good luck!

You meet the requirements for most offshore operators in the US, barely, but from what I hear it's getting difficult to get a visa to work here. After all, you could be a terrorist. If you can get a visa and work permit, then you should be able to get on with one of the majors in the GOM, provided you get the IR. Without that, it's hopeless.

Unfortunately you wont be able to get a job in the US flying an N registered aircraft. Your JAA license will get you a restricted private FAA only. Now before everyone on the boards gets up in arms and starts talking about it will transfer over and start quoting regs and I know someone who did this and yada yada I know this is a fact. Last time I was at Flight Safety the guy I was partnered up with had a JAA ATP/IR with a night restriction. (on 25 hours night) He wanted to try to get it converted to at least a comm. Well after numerous talks with FAA by both my friend and flight safety he found that the only license he would get crossed over was a FAA private with restriction. He then had to go and get all the commercial/instrument requirements all over despite having over 2000 hours. He had to redo all the night/solo excetera and reatake both checkrides. Before 911 you could usually just transfer right over but not anymore. This is only for the FAA, Canada may be different.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all.

I am new here, so bear with me! First off, I am a British military Lynx pilot, 30 yrs old, shortly out of the army, after 8 yrs service. I have flown a number of types, but mostly Lynx in the utility role in various different places, including Iraq, Bosnia, UK, Germany, Austria, Australia. I have 1000 hrs, mostly rotary (60 FW), am used to flying in all the usual military disciplines - night, NVG, low level, USL, confined areas, mountains, desert, etc.

LB.

Lynxboy the market is good at the moment!!!!! What's wrong with Germany no tax free cars any more or have they cut the LOA?

Check out PPRUNE loads of tips there.

Contact CHC aswell like has been mentioned.