Looking for partnership and/or investor in the building of a Cabin.

The Cabin is self stabilising and manoeuvrable horizontally by a set of small Jet engines

that are controlled by a set of intelligent cameras and a picture processing computer.

The transportation and vertical uplift is provided by Helicopter.

See at: www.olive-eng.co.il

The uses and benefits are endless such as:

Rescue by fast arrival and accessibility without landing in disaster areas, burning buildings...

Maintenance of hard to reach utilities such as Electricity lines, off shore Oil Riggs....

Supplies to boats, military operations.

Most of these applications are IMPOSSIBLE without this type of Cabin - (9/11, floods, Earthquakes)

We can be also contacted by email: avi.eder@gmail.com

I must also mention (sorry I didn't before - because I am new at this) that the idea of

"picture processing" and the automatic operation of 16 small jet engines to achieve stability and/or

pin-point placement of the cabin in space, is a verified technology.

This application of that technology is currently under our patent worldwide.

We are looking for the manufacture, verification testing and application of this cabin.

For further information, cost estimation and project schedules pleas contact us as mentioned above.

Also, if you have other ideas about such a project please feel free to comment on this forum.

Avi

Guest pokey

i like the animations on your website. Side-thrusting jet engines attached to the deployable cabin AND to the helicopter via cables? i must be missing something. Buck Rogers?

Off the top of my head, weight comes to mind. How much weight would all that add to a helicopter? Jet engines (and fuel), cables, extra sheet metal, etc., etc., etc.

Have no idea if it is feasible or not but I appreciate people who "think outside the box"--that's what drives innovation!

Best of luck!

-V5

Off the top of my head, weight comes to mind. How much weight would all that add to a helicopter? Jet engines (and fuel), cables, extra sheet metal, etc., etc., etc.

Have no idea if it is feasible or not but I appreciate people who "think outside the box"--that's what drives innovation!

Best of luck!

-V5

Thank you for the compliment.

The 16 jet engines + fuel would weigh about 300-500 Kg.

(for example see: http://www.vortechonline.com/jets/)

The horizontal vector that they produce is small, as the overall placement of the cabin is still controlled by the Helicopter above and these jets are only for the fine adjustments.

Such as clinging to building for the evacuation during fire, or ambulatory services.

The cables are virtually weightless as they, like the cabin body can be made of composite material.

There is of course the more advanced version where the cabin is actually the detachable Helicopter body itself.

One more advantage of this idea is the time factor that is saved by the Helicopter not needing to land at all which, sometimes is very much time consuming. Just imagine a heart stroke patient where every second counts.

Another obvious advantage is the saving (to a large extent) of the ill effects of the wind from the rotors; buildings on fire, sandy terrain...

i like the animations on your website. Side-thrusting jet engines attached to the deployable cabin AND to the helicopter via cables? i must be missing something. Buck Rogers?

No, you are not missing anything, pokey.

the cabin is held vertically by the cables (From the top 4 corners)

The small jet engines take care that the cabin is placed in the exact spot in space where it is needed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I don't get why you need the small jet engines, just get a helicopter pilot that acctually knows how to hover in one spot.

a) In rescue operations it is nearly impossible for the heli to be directly above the cabin:

- A building on fire.

- Obstacles along the vertical path

B) A need to stabilise the cabin especially for precision work:

- Maintenance of High tension Electricity lines.

- evacuating injured or ill people from high rise buildings.

c) In other cases, it is an option. Like the reverse gear in your car..... ;-)

a) In rescue operations it is nearly impossible for the heli to be directly above the cabin:

- A building on fire.

- Obstacles along the vertical path

B) A need to stabilise the cabin especially for precision work:

- Maintenance of High tension Electricity lines.

- evacuating injured or ill people from high rise buildings.

c) In other cases, it is an option. Like the reverse gear in your car..... ;-)

d) Also, consider a situation that the cabin will be 40-50 or 80 meters below the Heli (steep mountainside, tall structurs, flames of a forest fire, etc.)

Without the stabalizing jets, the cabin will dangle like mad. From wind, under the dynamic energy of the cabin etc.

• 1 year later...

Again, get a pilot who can hover in one spot with a long line... Happens every day...

Best of luck to you regardless, I've seen stranger things... :)

• 9 years later...

I thought of something similar that VIP operators might use to avoid landing regulations. Is Olive Engineering still around? I'd be very interested in finding out more about this. It's always funny when you randomly find someone on the internet that independently invents something so unique as this!