Helicopter Maintanance Log/Rules Ideas

Hey guys and gals,

I have recently got a gig flying corporate. This company just bought their first R44 Raven II. So, as being the new pilot in a new aviation position for a company, I have been asked to come up with some things from scratch. I have some ideas for this stuff already, but would like to see what other pilots might of thought of that I didn't. After all two heads are better than one. The first thing is a helicopter maintenance log (other than the engine and aircraft logs) that we could use as a quick reference here in the office, something like excel. The other thing they want me to come up with is a sheet that we will submit to employees that will be flying in the helicopter, the insurance company, etc. On that list they gave me categories which include:

Maintenance - Including minor things such as wiping the helicopter down after each flight, etc...

Flying - Aircraft will only be flown by a commercial pilot that meets the minimum standards set by the insurance company, FAA, etc...

Logs - Aircraft and engine logs will be secured in a fireproof safe kept in the corporate office etc...

Conduct - Pilot will be professional and courteous at all times

PAX will respect pilots’ workload etc...

Safety and security - If helicopter is left unattended either at an airport or at an off airport landing, it will be locked

- Pilot will check with a minimum of two FAA approved WX facilities before conducting a flight etc...

Planning - Prior to each flight, the pilot will plot the flight with appropriate current charts and make a flight plan to include route, frequencies, fuel available, etc...

Performance - Helicopter shall never be flown over MGW (2500lb.)

- Helicopter will be flown in accordance with the P.O.H. etc...

Costs - Costs will be logged on helilog sheets which will include this, that, and the other thing, and will be tallied at the end of each week and e-mailed to the appropriate party.

Cleaning - Helicopter shall be washed and vacuumed once a week and waxed once a month etc...

Communication - ????

I know this is probably a very boring thing for you guys/gals, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Landings shall only be at FAA approved airports or heliports. Off airport landings shall only be conducted with the written authority of the chief pilot.

I don't know how big your company is, but maybe a hierarchy of people who will be flying in the helicopter. Like if some people need it, but also others need it to go to a different airport, the more important people will take priority.

Thanks Slick,

We have a schedule that I'll put together and e-mail to all buyers, execs, etc. It's on a first come first serve basis. Of course there are exceptions, if an exec wants to take a buyers seat, well guess what. The company is pretty big, we have 30 retail stores over 5 states. I appreciate the reply.

Anyone flying a Robbie ( 22 or 44) should have completed the Robinson Factory Safety Course...most require within the last 3 or 5 years.

Edited by Goldy