random tfr question

I haven't seen one for awhile, but regions of Alaska are more likely to have one issued during the winter. Not sure how Canada deals with the high Px or what their regs are.

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

I haven't seen one for awhile, but regions of Alaska are more likely to have one issued during the winter. Not sure how Canada deals with the high Px or what their regs are.

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Funny thing- I was reading this section earlier this week....kinda wondered the same thing. I assume its due to high DA's...and the aircraft performance charts simply dont go that high. However, Alaska in the winter time??? Wouldn't the extreme low temperatures create an acceptable DA level?? Interesting why this wouldnt be addressed by now..test aircraft in that environment and prove what can and cant be done. Can't imagine it would be a bad thing if you got your helicopter certified to operate in an environment that no one else could operate in.....guess there's more to it than that.

Goldy

Has anyone ever seen the T.F.R for barometric pressure go out? I know I've heard some that were close but how often does it occur?

sorry just cramming the FARs, and needed a break. :huh:

If you're asking about altimeter settings above 31.00, my understanding is that it's not a TFR, but rather a NOTAM requiring all aircraft flying below 18,000' to set their altimeters to 31.00.

Guest pokey
If you're asking about altimeter settings above 31.00, my understanding is that it's not a TFR, but rather a NOTAM requiring all aircraft flying below 18,000' to set their altimeters to 31.00.

It's my understanding that the notice to airman (notam) is issued to let the pilot know that there is a TRF ( temporary flight restriction) FAR 91.144

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance...F5?OpenDocument

One more note on notams: We ALL check to see if there are any before we fly right?! Bush was in NYC a few weeks ago, luckily i just so happened to remember that & called for weather & notams,,,,, seems that they turned the WHOLE class b airspace from the ground up into an ADIZ.

in class a airspace, (above 18,000 ft) EVERYone sets their altimeters to 29.92 inches,,,,,,,,,,,maybe thats what you were thinking PaPilot?

Edited by pokey