FAA becomes JAA

Hi there,

I recently heard something about FAA license becomming JAR license automatically in januari 2009, can anyone confirm this with an official source? Sounds to good to be true but would fit perfectly with my visa expiration date!

thanks!

WB

Hi there,

I recently heard something about FAA license becomming JAR license automatically in januari 2009, can anyone confirm this with an official source? Sounds to good to be true but would fit perfectly with my visa expiration date!

thanks!

WB

Heard a rumour similar about a year ago that said f you had an FAA ATP you would in 2008 be able to fly an N regist. aircraft in the UK on it. Some believed that like the US system where you can take your JAA PVT. license to the FSDO and they will issue you with a FAA one, this should now happen the other way round - but only for ATP.

Anyone else confirm these rumors? :blink:

FFF

Heard a rumour similar about a year ago that said f you had an FAA ATP you would in 2008 be able to fly an N regist. aircraft in the UK on it. Some believed that like the US system where you can take your JAA PVT. license to the FSDO and they will issue you with a FAA one, this should now happen the other way round - but only for ATP.

Anyone else confirm these rumors? :blink:

FFF

Actually you can fly an N registered aircraft rifgt now with just an FAA license.

There is an article in this months Vertical Magazine that talks about reciprocity between the US and Canada where you can convert your license from one to the other without additional requirements. However this is only for fixed wing pilots. Rotorcraft licenses are specifically not included. So bottom line is it wont help us rotor heads out at all.