stupid question

i am working on obtaining all my ratings to eventually fly or a pd or medevac and most require about 2000 hours with 500 of it turbine. does it matter how or in what you get turbine hours? if i was to obtain them in a mini 500 or turbine helicycle would that count or does it have to be a specific heli and during the course of employment? your info is appreciated =)

• 1 month later...
i am working on obtaining all my ratings to eventually fly or a pd or medevac and most require about 2000 hours with 500 of it turbine. does it matter how or in what you get turbine hours? if i was to obtain them in a mini 500 or turbine helicycle would that count or does it have to be a specific heli and during the course of employment? your info is appreciated =)

It should not matter. Usually it is just to meet insurance demands. If you get interviewed they will fly with you, and if you can't operate a turbine or have deficiencies, you won't get the job. Some unique applications may require more tubine time though.

Marc D.

It depends entirely on the employer. There are no legal requirements beyond what Part 135 says, so all the turbine time and number of hours are completely up to the employer, and he can accept the mini-500 time or not, his choice. The person with the money gets to decide to whom he wants to give it, if anyone.