Precision Flight Training,Inc.

I have been looking into flight schools for about a year now and have narrowed my search to the portland area and have pretty much decided on Precision flight Training,Inc. But would like to know if anybody has anything to say about the school. I went and visited last July and really liked the whole atmosphere and the instructors (you should see the spotless maintenance facility). Before I spent the money I would like some confirmation on my choice.

I have done some training there and your impressions are right on. They run a tight ship. Not only is the maintenance hanger spotless, but so are the offices and the golf course they call an airport. Everyone there is very friendly and always available to help students, including the owners. I also think very highly of the flight director. He’s got tons of aviation experience and is a straight talker. And on top of everything, I haven’t heard one single bad thing about Precision.

One man’s experience,

-V5

I talked to them on the phone. They sounded pretty decent. I'm still waiting for the information packet they promised to mail me, though. Once I sell a couple houses, I plan on looking into their program further. I'm interested in the turbine transition training and the long line training.

Jeff

I did all my training and I'm now working as a CFI at Precision. I am very happy with the training I received here and personal attention I got. Also, I am pleased with how well the instructors work together in creating a positive learning environment for each individual student. Please feel free to write to me if you have anymore questions. I hope to see you here soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I did my commercial add-on and CFI there. The previous Training Director and I had some issues. My biggest issues with them is the small training fleet. If one bird is down for maintenance the whole schedule go to _ell. More than once a helicopter ran out of time on a Saturday and was down until Tuesday or Wednesday. They will schedule the school owned machines first then the leased ones, rather than scheduling for maximum flying. Most of the instructors when I was there were excellent. However, like any flight school it is a personality mix.

The two examiner they use (one is the owner) are both good people and they have a good relationship with the FAA. Both examiners like to see a well thought out flight instructor guide. I used the PTS as the basis and added lots of pictures and drawing off the internet.

Good luck.

My biggest issues with them is the small training fleet. If one bird is down for maintenance the whole schedule go to _ell. More than once a helicopter ran out of time on a Saturday and was down until Tuesday or Wednesday. They will schedule the school owned machines first then the leased ones, rather than scheduling for maximum flying.

In my opinion, most of Rick1128's issues have been resolved. Precision got rid of the leased trainer and bought their own ship. They also just recently added a fourth mechanic, so maintenance turn-around time has been reduced.

I agree with other postings, the school is completely top-notch. After visiting a bunch of schools, I moved up from another state just to go there. The aircraft are extremely well-maintained, the staff and instructors are second to none, their rates are some of the lowest in the industry, and if you are looking for that perfect mix of family atmosphere and first-class professionalism, Precision Flight Training is the place to be.

Am I biased? Maybe. I did my ASEL and airplane instrument there, along with all my helo training from Private through CFI (now working on CFII). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: OregonFlyBoy @ gmail . com

In my opinion, most of Rick1128's issues have been resolved. Precision got rid of the leased trainer and bought their own ship. They also just recently added a fourth mechanic, so maintenance turn-around time has been reduced.

I agree with other postings, the school is completely top-notch. After visiting a bunch of schools, I moved up from another state just to go there. The aircraft are extremely well-maintained, the staff and instructors are second to none, their rates are some of the lowest in the industry, and if you are looking for that perfect mix of family atmosphere and first-class professionalism, Precision Flight Training is the place to be.

Am I biased? Maybe. I did my ASEL and airplane instrument there, along with all my helo training from Private through CFI (now working on CFII). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me: OregonFlyBoy @ gmail . com

If maintenance doesn't work on the weekends, that will always be a problem. In the summer, when the weather is good, the machines build hours quite quickly. It was my experience that if a helicopter ran out of hours anytime after noon on Friday, it was down until Tuesday or Wednesday. If they now have weekend maintenance, great. However, it was my experience that the majority of the maintenance staff is tied up with the 500's during the summer.

Personally it is my opinion that they have the best school in the area. It is friendly and the staff is helpful. For checkrides, Dennis's (The owner)availability for checkrides can be spotty. I would suggest keeping track of his availability and have Mark ( the other examiner) set up as a backup.