I have a favor to ask.

Ok, a little background on me here. Since I was about 10-13-ish I've wanted to fly and go to Alaska. I very much would like to do both. I chose the school I'm going to specifically because they end up sending quite a few of their people up there once they get enough hours. They have like 6 or so ( maybe more , not sure ) up there right now.

I want to MOVE up there and work for a company that operates year round up there.

Now since I am still new to all this and I am still studying, I am asking anyone here, rather than trying to find it myself spending what I know would be more than a couple hours, I am asking any of you if you could maybe give names and a website of companies that operate up there year round. I am of course gonna ask my school, but you all may know of even more, or may know even some little known operation on the up and coming. I want to be proactive with this and want plenty of time to look at the cities they are based in, year round weather stats, cost of living, schools for my kids, churches to attend etc etc as well as, of course, getting familiar with the companies history via there website and maybe a phone call or 2 in the future. I only have about 27 hrs right now, but I looked long and hard into training, I want PLENTY of time to look into some AK companies, so ANY help will be MUCHO appreciated! Thanks.

Kirk.

• 1 month later...
Ok, a little background on me here. Since I was about 10-13-ish I've wanted to fly and go to Alaska. I very much would like to do both. I chose the school I'm going to specifically because they end up sending quite a few of their people up there once they get enough hours. They have like 6 or so ( maybe more , not sure ) up there right now.

I want to MOVE up there and work for a company that operates year round up there.

Now since I am still new to all this and I am still studying, I am asking anyone here, rather than trying to find it myself spending what I know would be more than a couple hours, I am asking any of you if you could maybe give names and a website of companies that operate up there year round. I am of course gonna ask my school, but you all may know of even more, or may know even some little known operation on the up and coming. I want to be proactive with this and want plenty of time to look at the cities they are based in, year round weather stats, cost of living, schools for my kids, churches to attend etc etc as well as, of course, getting familiar with the companies history via there website and maybe a phone call or 2 in the future. I only have about 27 hrs right now, but I looked long and hard into training, I want PLENTY of time to look into some AK companies, so ANY help will be MUCHO appreciated! Thanks.

Kirk.

Look at the job ads on jsfirm and justhelicopters and here. Call and get phone numbers for the pilots. The pilots "up there" should give you the best, most acurate, info. My friend has flown for Temsco for some 20 years. I can give you his email, I'm sure he would love to tell you about Alaska.

Marc D.

Look at the job ads on jsfirm and justhelicopters and here. Call and get phone numbers for the pilots. The pilots "up there" should give you the best, most acurate, info. My friend has flown for Temsco for some 20 years. I can give you his email, I'm sure he would love to tell you about Alaska.

Marc D.

I would be exceedingly interested in having his e-mail, or you can give him mine and grateful to you for your time taken to do so.

Kirk Wagoner

captkirkyota@gmail.com

I would be exceedingly interested in having his e-mail, or you can give him mine and grateful to you for your time taken to do so.

Kirk Wagoner

captkirkyota@gmail.com

Kirk,

I will email him your info. Do you know Brian Scalf. He lives in Nampa. Used to work part time at Silverhawk. If you don't, he would be a good one to talk with about a heli-career. Ask Katherine for his contact info. Great guy and he loves to talk helicopters.

Marc D.

Kirk,

I will email him your info. Do you know Brian Scalf. He lives in Nampa. Used to work part time at Silverhawk. If you don't, he would be a good one to talk with about a heli-career. Ask Katherine for his contact info. Great guy and he loves to talk helicopters.

Marc D.

Will do.