Coaxial Rotors

Jeff

Does anyone have or know where I can get some drawings for a coaxial-rotor helicopter. I understand how the upper and lower swashplates work together, but there has to be a way to move the swashplates in opposite directions (up and down) in order to manage torque. Of all the drawings I've seen, which have been amature sketches, don't allow for the components required for torque management. I have the general idea how it might be done--mechanically--but I'd still like to see the drawings.

--Jeff

Does anyone have or know where I can get some drawings for a coaxial-rotor helicopter. I understand how the upper and lower swashplates work together, but there has to be a way to move the swashplates in opposite directions (up and down) in order to manage torque. Of all the drawings I've seen, which have been amature sketches, don't allow for the components required for torque management. I have the general idea how it might be done--mechanically--but I'd still like to see the drawings.

--Jeff

I don't have any drawings, but I talked to a guy at Heli-expo about one he was flying. He explained that in normal flight, the torque from the engine turns the helicopter when a pedal is pressed by increasing the pitch on one blade and decreasing it on the other. However, we the collective is lowered in autorotation, it flips it around so that the gear box friction turns the helicopter. Pretty complex if you ask me.