AirWolf it's your's for the low low price

RotorWeed

Pretty cool...I wonder if it actually has any guts to it? Turbine, transmission?? Probably not ,huh?

The other day I heard the distinctive thumping of an S 58 flying over my house, sure enough it was the old Screaming Mimi from Riptide...its still in service with Summit Helo so we still see it around LA....kinda neat if youre old like me.

Goldy

Pretty cool...I wonder if it actually has any guts to it? Turbine, transmission?? Probably not ,huh?

The other day I heard the distinctive thumping of an S 58 flying over my house, sure enough it was the old Screaming Mimi from Riptide...its still in service with Summit Helo so we still see it around LA....kinda neat if youre old like me.

Goldy

That was one of my favorite shows as a teenager. The Boz was my favorite. I'll admit it, I still identify with the geeks, but I have never been to a Star Trek convention so, I have managed to salvage some of my dignity :D

Kelly

I loved Riptide, Airwolf, and Magnum PI. Any show with heli's is a show for me :D

I never got over the B.S. factor with AirWolf. Magnum and Riptide OTOH were two of my favorite shows. I remember looking forward to the release of the movie "FireBirds" and then was sorely disappointed.

I never got over the B.S. factor with AirWolf. Magnum and Riptide OTOH were two of my favorite shows. I remember looking forward to the release of the movie "FireBirds" and then was sorely disappointed.

Your right, looking back on the shows and the helicopter flights I see alot of BS as you do. However, as a kid that did not know any better I thought it was great. I was disappointed in Firebirds also.

Yes, do not watch any of the old shows you loved as a kid. You will be so disappointed. I saw Airwolf about a year ago on TV and I was horrified. How could I ever be entertained by such bad acting and crappy editing. There are actually scenes in Airwolf that are transposed because you can see the tail rotor on the wrong side.

Tales of the Gold Monkey is still my fav cause I haven't seen it since I was around 9 years old.

I'm upset that none of the articles on the death of Roy Scheider mentioned Blue Thunder, which in my opinion was a better movie than Jaws.

Anyone have a JAFO cap they want to sell? LOL.

Wasn't there a TV spin-off of this?

Speaking of Airwolf, I was fascinated to learn that the Bell 222B (registration OY-HIG) that was recently aquired by the company that I work for is actually one of the helicopters used in the original Airwolf series. It wasn't the primary Airwolf helicopter (that one was destroyed in an accident), but what I've been told is that most of the interior shots in the show are from OY-HIG.

It's fun to be able to say that I've actually been sitting inside Airwolf - and who knows, maybe they'll let me fly it some day... :P