November 17-20th Robinson Course

How about June 2-5 ?? Any gals out there that wanna split a room? I know this is a shot in the dark...I think there are only 5 XXs scheduled that week, what are the chances anyone is hanging around here??

How 'bout anyone else? Gonna be in town that week? Beer? Food? Just checkin'...

Heh heh...I'm gonna hide in my room and be severly antisocial.

Later

Same here witch, I'm not even old enough to rent a car, so I booked the Ramada across the street and a shuttle from the airport. Then I will sign up for the r44 back to lax hoping nothing goes wrong with that.

Edited by slick1537

For the non-antisocial types, the Ramada has an outdoor hot tub, tho you might remind the front desk upon evening arrival to ensure the heater is on. Beer? Best nearby selection is within stumbling distance at Whole Foods Market - get cans if you intend to imbibe whilst hot tubbing as Ramada doesn't want broken glass in same. Food? Decent within walking distance at both Torrance Town Center and Rolling Hills Plaza, but the best is found close to the beach, 3.5 miles and $1.25 away via Metro Route 232 (cheaper than cab, runs til past midnight, and it goes to/from LAX transit center for those on a budget). Weather will be iffy in June for the beach: http://meteora.ucsd.edu/cap/gloom.html

Weather will be iffy in June for the beach: http://meteora.ucsd.edu/cap/gloom.html

June is the one month we can count on getting some real IFR or Special VFR time. Vis usually drops to a mile or so !! But, Torrance is near the beach, so unless its foggy, it tends to be a lil clearer.

Yep, I'll be up for hanging with any VR folk that week! Lookin' forward to it! (June 2-5) B)

Did someone mention beer ? Only problem is I cant drink and fly, and I cant drink and drive...nor can I drink and walk...and its a really long walk for me. Maybe I'll take the 44 down and sip Cokes with the youngsters !

Goldy