LAFD & LAPD FLIGHT OPERATIONS FACILITIES GRAND OPENING

For the SoCal rotorheads-

(long-lined from the from the Vertical Mag site)

"GRAND OPENING

FLIGHT OPERATIONS FACILITIES

For the City of Los Angeles

LAFD; LAPD & General Services

Van Nuys Airport

Saturday, May 31, 2008

10 am – 3 pm

The public is invited to visit Los Angeles’ new Flight Operations facilities at the Van Nuys Airport.

The Opening Ceremony is scheduled for 10 am followed by refreshment service at about 11 or 11:30 and tours of the new facilities along with Airport Airfield Tours starting about 12 or 12:30.

Enter and Park off of Balboa Blvd. (just south of Balboa Place).

VIP & Handicap entrance off of Arminta St.

Overflow Parking at Birmingham High School (Balboa Blvd at Victory Blvd.) with shuttle bus to airport.

Live Demonstrations; Static Displays and Booths will cover several subjects including Kid Bounces and the Vinny Van (small cockpit simulator for kids).

Tell your family, friends and neighbors. BRING YOUR CAMERAS!"

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Thanks and I will probably go. But I saw it all a year ago when they first moved in to the new fire station. It is a huge improvement over the old trailers that they were all living in..pretty nice now.

Just waiting for that 139 to show up.

I went and it was pretty cool. A lot of helicopters and free hot dogs. Now that's hard to beat. Three of the LAFD choppers flew by and did a water drop right on the taxiway. I took about a hundred pictures of everything. I'll have to post them later. I'm surprised I didn't see you there Goldy!

I took about a hundred pictures of everything. I'll have to post them later. I'm surprised I didn't see you there Goldy!

Post them on webshots and just send us all a link so we can check it out. I really wanted to go, but I was flying later that night and didnt want to make the drive home to VNY back home and back to VNY (lazy). Besides I got the private tour ...really nice accomodations...a great bunch of guys....especially the one dude that has the same last name as me !!

Goldy

Edited by Goldy