2 replies to this topic

#1 AF_firedawg

AF_firedawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 13:45

Hello all,

This is my first posting to this website and I am happy to be here! I am currently working on my package for WOFT in the Army and I thought this would be a good place for information and to make contacts that could help me in the process as well as establish a place where I can help people in my same situation in the future.

I am an E-7 in the Air Force as an Assistant Fire Chief. I have always wanted to fly helicopters and have finally decided to go through with it!

Stats:

Age- 30

SIFT- 61

AFPT-No Army PT score but I have a 100\100 on my last Air Force PT test 2 months ago

ASVAB GT- 124

Service- 4 years active, 8 years Active Reserve

I am working on ways to make my package stand out when it comes time to be reviewed. My goal is to be reviewed at the July 2017 board. I would welcome any suggestions from anyone with some knowledge in this!

Also, I would like to make contact with some Senior Warrant Officers for letters of recommendation for my package. Now, I know that wording sounds really sketchy but I have been reading that forums such as this are a good place to meet people who would be willing to interview me and write a letter of recommendation is they feel comfortable with the interview. I assure you, I have bee doing my research and I am not just looking for a hand-holder! Being in the Air Force, I do not have much contact with Warrant Officers so I don't personally know many, let alone SWO.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this and thank you for your advice\replies\assistance!

Dan

#2 vertrefadmin

vertrefadmin

VR Veteran Poster

• Super Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Company working for:Self

Posted 23 August 2016 - 09:10

Hi Dan ,

There is a sub-forum on this site designed specifically for this type of discussion - General Military Helicopter  - http://helicopterfor...er-discussions/

I would recommend you post there as well.

Thanks and best of luck.

Lyn

lyn.burks@rotorcraftpro.com

Posted Image

Lyn Burks

#3 AF_firedawg

AF_firedawg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:34

Thanks! Rookie mistake... :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOFT, Warrant Officer, Army, Air Force, Military

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Guidance General 200Spectrum_VRGeneral468BLR Gen 200HeliHelmetsFreeFlight_General200LakeSuperiorGeneral200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200Genesys VRForum200_GeneralPrecisionVRForumGeneral200