UpperLimit2011General_468x60Helicopter AcademyVOLO_VRGeneral468TigerTugsVRForumGen468
Photo
- - - - -

R44 Belt drive diagram

robinson r44 manual maintenance A&P mechanic drive train transmission rotor bell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chris pochari

chris pochari

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Helicopters, business, geopolitics, rotorcraft technology, investing, real estate, business opportunities
  • Company working for:RSI

Posted 08 June 2017 - 21:12

Hi guys, I'm looking for a drawing/diagram that shows the belt drive transmission on the Robinson R44 I searched but couldn't find anything but thisAttached File  r44.png   89.3KB   2 downloads

• TeoerryNug likes this

#2 r22butters

r22butters

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts
  • Location:Pluto,...at least until the next election :) ,...damn the wifi here is unbelievable!
  • Interests:Admiring the city lights and coastal sunsets from a thousand feet,...when I have the dough. :)

,...oh' yeah, and boobs!
    😕+🍟+🚁+🌃=☺
  • Company working for:Just a happy recreational pilot! :)

Posted 08 June 2017 - 22:45

Well here's a link to the maintenance manual, but what more is there to show?

https://robinsonheli...4-maint-manual/
  • chris pochari likes this
The only dream I have left is to live long enough to see the pilot shortage. Its been about fourteen years since they first told me it was coming, so,...

Aaaaaaaany day now! :D

#3 chris pochari

chris pochari

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Helicopters, business, geopolitics, rotorcraft technology, investing, real estate, business opportunities

Posted 08 June 2017 - 23:04

Well here's a link to the maintenance manual, but what more is there to show?

https://robinsonheli...4-maint-manual/

Well I was thinking I could find it from a different angle but this will do

#4 Eric Hunt

Eric Hunt

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 04:09

Are you looking for an explanation, such as:

"The actuator disengages the rotors by pulling the driveshaft downwards so that the belts become loose and slip, allowing the blades to stop. When the actuator is moving, the little yellow light comes on. To engage the rotors after engine start, the actuator pushes the driveshaft up to the straight position, making the belts tight and driving the rotor. The actuator has settings for "too tight" and "too loose", but sometimes it gets these wrong, whereby the driver pulls the actuator circuit breaker and goes home.

#5 iChris

iChris

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 13:19

Well I was thinking I could find it from a different angle but this will do

More than likely, what you’re looking for is in the illustrated parts breakdown or IPB. RHC calls theirs the illustrated parts catalog (IPC). if you can’t find the information there, from their official document, just call RHC tech support directly, 310-539-0508. Select tech support from the automated phone system. That’s your best bet, if all else fails.

The illustrated parts catalog and maintenance manual, used in conjunction, compliment each other.

R44 Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC)       See Chapter 63:  Main Rotor Drive System

R44 Maintenance Manual

Edited by iChris, 05 July 2017 - 00:45.

Regards,

Chris

#6 chris pochari

chris pochari

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 20:30

More than likely, what you’re looking for is in the illustrated parts breakdown or IPB. RHC calls theirs the illustrated parts catalog (IPC). if you can’t find the information there, from their official document, just call RHC tech support directly, 310-539-0508. Select tech support from the automated phone system. That’s your best bet, if all else fails.

The illustrated parts catalog and maintenance manual, used in conjunction, compliment each other.

R44 Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC)       See Chapter 63:  Main Rotor Drive System

R44 Maintenance Manual

Thanks, the illustrated parts catalog works great. Much more detailed than the maintenance manual.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: robinson, r44, manual, maintenance, A&P, mechanic, drive train, transmission, rotor, bell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Genesys VRForum200_GeneralColoradoHeliOpsGeneral200DevoreGeneral200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200HeliHelmetsNFCVRGeneral200Able_VRGeneral200Helmet FX General 200MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200MidwestHeliAcademy2016