2 replies to this topic

#1 Mcwilli

Mcwilli

CFI Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:59

Does anyone have a list or know how to find out which Guard units have fixed wing openings? Im trying to find some information for a friend looking to go WOFT guard. Thanks in advance.

#2 CharyouTree

CharyouTree

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts
  • Company working for:Student/MAARNG

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:33

OTS accessions for guard flight school are few and far between.  I only know one or two people that have actually done it without prior service, and even with prior service, it seems to be a rare animal.  Most states want to access from within, and I know my state has passed back slots because they didn't have anyone available, but they still don't have a "pool" of civilian applicants to pull from. It's kind of silly...

That said, it's going to be even more difficult/I'd say nearly impossible to get a fixed wing slot in that manner.  Those can also be rare, and often used as a reward, unfortunately.  My state, again, is hurting for FW pilots, but more due to the lack of schools available, and the requirement for a follow-on qual course which is hard to get slots for. 

#3 Gideon

Gideon

VR Veteran Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Company working for:US Army

Posted 09 November 2018 - 15:07

I believe Alabama National guard has fixed wing and was working on a street to seat program. No idea if they have alots avalible though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

BE_VRHome200LORD_VRHome200NFCVRForum200HomeMaunaLoaVRHome200PrecisionVRForumHome200HeliHelmets-VR HomeSpectrum_VRHome200Genesys VR Forum 200