• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mllgrennman

mllgrennman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 19:03

Hi. Are there any helicopters with an autopilot for Flightsim?

Any platform..payware or freeware...

I don't know how real chopper pilots hand-fly for hours, but it's more than I can do...even in a sim!

Thanks.

#2 Fred0311

Fred0311

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:39

You might try checking forums specifically for the sim you play versus a real world helicopter forum. But yes there is a long list of helicopters that can be fitted with autopilot. If any of then are available in your simulator and if they model the autopilot is a completely seperate question that we can't answer.

#3 Wally

Wally

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Interests:Reading's high on the list.
  • Company working for:none

Posted 06 July 2019 - 18:09

Hi. Are there any helicopters with an autopilot for Flightsim?

Any platform..payware or freeware...

I don't know how real chopper pilots hand-fly for hours, but it's more than I can do...even in a sim!

Thanks.

I can't fly a helicopter sim either. I've done different company 'cockpit procedures training devices' or whatever the legalistic term is for non-loggable simulators. I've done a couple 'full motion' simulators, too., and I can't land or lift in them, and can only approximate a hover in them, so don't feel bad. I have more than a hundred thousand helicopter landings in my log and the worst of them was better than the best I ever did in a sim.

I can fly a sim like an airplane, but that's entirely different than a helicopter. I fly real helicopters like I walk- I see what's happening and I change it to what I want. Sometimes the dials and gauges affect how that's done but mostly it's visual and proprioceptive, I feel those changes just like walking, except I react with the controls.

Just a pilot (retired, so I have a LOT of time)...

#4 nightsta1ker

nightsta1ker

VR Veteran Poster

• VR Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 23:48

The only way to fly helicopter simulators on anything close to a real level you need usb helicopter controls.  There are several companies that make them.  None of them are cheap.

• TomPPL and Fred0311 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Spectrum_VRGeneral468MaunaLoaSoftwareVRGeneral200HeliHelmetsFreeFlight_General200PrecisionVRForumGeneral200BLR Gen 200LakeSuperiorGeneral200Guidance General 200Genesys VRForum200_General