On the ramp at Rotors

Hi All,

another update on the 333. I have been flying it lately working on my instrument. It was down for a couple of months going thru minor issues that were found in an inspection. It has been up for a while now and is going strong. Because of the down time the owners have offered a reduced price to get more people flying it. ($475 dual wet) This price is amazing to me considering i'm getting turbine and instrument at the same time. I think the offer ends in October, so if you want to fly this bird now is the time.

The transition for me was very fast, the turbine start up (what i was worried about the most) is very simple and quick. I have been flying with a third person in the middle seat so haven't noticed a hugh difference in the power compared to the 300 and the 44, but we have had no issues with DA at all. It's not as fast as the 44, so i might lean toward the Robinson for long cross countries (oh yeah, the 44 has AC too!), but it moves along pretty good (95kts). The view is pretty amazing, especially from the center seat, and there is tons of room which i like!

Hope you don't see this as an advertisement, there were a few posters that contacted me about the ship in the beginning and i'm just trying to keep you all posted.

aloha,

dp

i know, shitty photos, it was overcast.... sorry!

Hi All,

another update on the 333. I have been flying it lately working on my instrument. It was down for a couple of months going thru minor issues that were found in an inspection. It has been up for a while now and is going strong. Because of the down time the owners have offered a reduced price to get more people flying it. ($475 dual wet) This price is amazing to me considering i'm getting turbine and instrument at the same time. I think the offer ends in October, so if you want to fly this bird now is the time.

The transition for me was very fast, the turbine start up (what i was worried about the most) is very simple and quick. I have been flying with a third person in the middle seat so haven't noticed a hugh difference in the power compared to the 300 and the 44, but we have had no issues with DA at all. It's not as fast as the 44, so i might lean toward the Robinson for long cross countries (oh yeah, the 44 has AC too!), but it moves along pretty good (95kts). The view is pretty amazing, especially from the center seat, and there is tons of room which i like!

Hope you don't see this as an advertisement, there were a few posters that contacted me about the ship in the beginning and i'm just trying to keep you all posted.

aloha,

dp

i know, shitty photos, it was overcast.... sorry!

UPDATE * UPDATE * UPDATE

Ok, i was wrong about the power difference!! My son and i flew one of the 300's to Ft. Collins today.. man could i tell the difference in the power as compared to the 333. And the speed difference was also apparent. I kept looking at the panel to see why we were going so slow, 65ks, but it felt like we were in an OGH. So, the power is noticeable but mostly when you go back to the piston. Also, when flying the 333 we have always had three in the helo, in the 300 today there were only two of us.. and it still worked harder on the climb-out.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the 333 tomorrow to see the diff.

aloha,

dp