I am new to the forum so I want to start off by saying hello.

I recently passed my private rotorcraft check-ride in an R22 and also went through the R44 transition course (I have about 55 hours in an R22 and 7 in an R44). I am from the Dallas/Fort Worth area (I did my training out of Ft Worth); however, I will be in Lubbock Texas for the next year. I am having trouble finding any flight training schools or private owners who would be willing to let me rent their helicopter so I can fly every once in a while and maybe even do some more training. I don't currently have any plans to earn additional ratings but I am always looking to practice and fly with others to become a better pilot.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone in the area Lubbock/Amarillo/Midland area that has an R22 or an R44 that I could fly (or at least fly with) to stay familiar with the helicopter and earn some PIC hours?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

No clue, but my condolences on being stuck in Lubbock. :P It's not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from there. I don't think the city requires the cattle feedlots to keep a bottle of Air-Wick air freshener on each post any longer, so the smell might not be as fresh as you would like.

No clue, but my condolences on being stuck in Lubbock. :P It's not the middle of nowhere, but you can see it from there. I don't think the city requires the cattle feedlots to keep a bottle of Air-Wick air freshener on each post any longer, so the smell might not be as fresh as you would like.

Sadly enough I don't have a comeback for that. At least finding a helicopter in the area wold make time go a little faster!

I am new to the forum so I want to start off by saying hello.

I recently passed my private rotorcraft check-ride in an R22 and also went through the R44 transition course (I have about 55 hours in an R22 and 7 in an R44). I am from the Dallas/Fort Worth area (I did my training out of Ft Worth); however, I will be in Lubbock Texas for the next year. I am having trouble finding any flight training schools or private owners who would be willing to let me rent their helicopter so I can fly every once in a while and maybe even do some more training. I don't currently have any plans to earn additional ratings but I am always looking to practice and fly with others to become a better pilot.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone in the area Lubbock/Amarillo/Midland area that has an R22 or an R44 that I could fly (or at least fly with) to stay familiar with the helicopter and earn some PIC hours?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone?

There is not, to the best of my knowledge, anything west of Fort Worth until you hit New Mexico...

Not what you want to hear, but there probably are not enough people out there to support a helicopter school.