First (mini) solo :)

Had my first "solo" this afternoon. My instructor and I flew out from Concord, CA (CCR) to Rio Vista (088) & we did a few patterns and then he hopped out, & i did 3. MY! How exciting. The RPM control and center of gravity was (of course) reaaaaally noticeable. Everything went well, but my approaches were a little shallow (but I guess that's okay considering the a/c is dealing w/ 225(cfi weight) less pounds).

whoosh :D , and now for my next supervised solo tuesday ... :) !

-Tyler

:)

Tyler-congrats.

Just remember the two areas of concern when solo..coming up to a hover level and when you are slowing down and losing translational lift, it can get squirrely on you, crosswinds, etc.. the good news is your lighter and have more power to get out of some situations the bad news is you dont have anyone but yourself to do it !!

Good Luck, Goldy

Congratulations! Flying solo for the first time is one of the most rewarding experiences I have gone through thus far. Isn't it nice knowing that someone out there trusts your abilities enough to let you FLY by yourself?

Just remember the two areas of concern when solo..coming up to a hover level and when you are slowing down and losing translational lift, it can get squirrely on you, crosswinds, etc.. the good news is your lighter and have more power to get out of some situations the bad news is you dont have anyone but yourself to do it !!

Good Luck, Goldy

Goldy- Thanks! It will take a littttttle getting used to :) but it was a lot of fun, even if it was just 3 patterns. I can't wait to do it some more!

Congratulations! Flying solo for the first time is one of the most rewarding experiences I have gone through thus far. Isn't it nice knowing that someone out there trusts your abilities enough to let you FLY by yourself?

ADRidge- definitely. 300cbis dont come cheap :P! it's just so cool. I love helicopters :D. haha, i'm still excited :P.

woo :)

Had my first "solo" this afternoon. My instructor and I flew out from Concord, CA (CCR) to Rio Vista (088) & we did a few patterns and then he hopped out, & i did 3. MY! How exciting. The RPM control and center of gravity was (of course) reaaaaally noticeable. Everything went well, but my approaches were a little shallow (but I guess that's okay considering the a/c is dealing w/ 225(cfi weight) less pounds).

whoosh :D , and now for my next supervised solo tuesday ... :) !

-Tyler

:)

Awesome feeling isn't it!! Congrats and fly safe.

rotorrodent

I dare you to fly over to Travis Aero 8Q0.

Aint flyin fun?

Later

Congrats Tyler! Officially via the forum and not just from the cell phone! Now for the solo XC. Where are you planning on going for your stops?

I'm not sure yet! Maybe Tracy, Stockton, or Sac :P! or maybe even Gnoss ! I haven't really given it a buncha thought yet...but i will very soon :P