Instructional Videos

I'm slowly saving up the funds I need for the private and commercial, but in the meantime, I'd like soak up as much knowledge as possible.

I've done a good amount of reading. I've read the private pilot books, the FAA rotorcraft handbook several times, books on weather, etc.

What I'd really like is some videos. Can you folks recommend any? I'd like to be able to see what the maneuvers look like, to complement all of the the reading I've done about them. Extra points for anything R22 specific.

The only thing I've seen so far is Sporty's offering. Any opinions on that?

Thanks!

I got the new Sporty's Helicopter video and thought it was actually a decent video. It's not flight training but very informational. Go to YouTube and look up "Helicopter Training" videos. There's plenty of videos on there.

Thanks for the replies folks. Keep em comin!

I have the fixed wing private pilot kit. I liked it a lot, because the videos weren't about ground school material, they were actually about flying. Are the Sporty's helicopter videos like this? I was under the impression that they were more like ground school lectures—kind of like what PhotoFlyer said.

I really liked the Helicopter training videos 80's style videos, they were cool. :)

Yea. I'm going through these now. They're pretty cool.

Thanks for the replies folks. Keep em comin!

I have the fixed wing private pilot kit. I liked it a lot, because the videos weren't about ground school material, they were actually about flying. Are the Sporty's helicopter videos like this? I was under the impression that they were more like ground school lectures—kind of like what PhotoFlyer said.

If you get the video make sure you get this one: D270l.jpg

It goes through all of the maneuvers that you will be doing during training. It also covers some aerodynamics and the flight controls which are both very important to successfully fly a helo.