Introduction

Justin DBC

Just joined up so I figured I would introduce myself.

I'm a UH-60 crew chief in the CA national guard and am currently working for my civilian private pilot rating in the R-22. I'm planning on going all the way through CFII. I was thinking of going through military flight school, but I think I like the crew side too much to give it up. The way I figure, this gives me the best of both worlds!

Right now I'm flying out of L.A. Helicopters in Long Beach CA. If anyone else is in the local area, get ahold of me. The only chopper pilots I know around here are my CFIs and my military pilots.

J-

Right now I'm flying out of L.A. Helicopters in Long Beach CA. If anyone else is in the local area, get ahold of me. The only chopper pilots I know around here are my CFIs and my military pilots.

J-

Hey Justin- LAH has some great people, good reputation. Although I fly out of VNY, I do drop down into LGB now and then. You should plan to fly or drive over to TOA in a couple weeks, we should have 10 or 12 of us hooking up for a group coming in for the Robbie course. Maybe a get together on a Sun night...its still in the works.

Welcome to VR !

Goldy

The pilot side definitely has its advantages especially when you consider the cost of civilian training.

Just wondering what your future career goals are/

this is true, and i have been getting that a lot from the pilots i work with. however, i REALLY enjoy what i'm doing now and really don't want to give it up. i think it will prove to be valuable in the long run having extensive turbine mechanic/crew experience anyways.

as far as career goals, i'm not 100% set. i just want to fly. i'm very interested in l.e., firefighting, search and rescue, ems, etc.

Hey Justin- LAH has some great people, good reputation. Although I fly out of VNY, I do drop down into LGB now and then. You should plan to fly or drive over to TOA in a couple weeks, we should have 10 or 12 of us hooking up for a group coming in for the Robbie course. Maybe a get together on a Sun night...its still in the works.

Welcome to VR !

Goldy

i actually live right by toa. let me know which weekend. my band might be playing a show about a mile up pch (i think it's the the second weekend). ill definitely try to make it though!

j-

Edited by Justin DBC