Steve Fossett news

Goldy

I know its a F/W subject, but looks like his FAA cert was found and a full scale search is underway.

The trail to the mine where these items were found is at 37.67470, 119.14960.

Plug that into your Google Earth and check it out. 10, 150 MSL, pretty rugged area.

Here's a pix of Minaret lake (courtesy of Air2Air)

Goldy

Edited by Goldy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26976119/?GT1=43001

Photo copy of his certificate.

I got the chance to meet him once, seemed like a real down to earth kind of guy, would talk about anything. I also was in Reno last year for the air races when he went missing. It was amazing the shear number of search aircraft that were in Reno at the time. Every morning I watched a bunch (probably 20 or so) take off and head south to search. Anyway, sounds good we might be able to finally find out some information.

"Consistent with a non-survivable impact". So where did he go??? Why am I so fascinated with this? I suppose he is an adventurer and I identify with that...he ran Iditarod once!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/02/steve.fos...arch/index.html

Includes links to NTSB vids, maps, etc.

cnn now reporting "a small amount of human remains has been found with the wreckage".

Em- that's probably all they will find. The last body recovery I was at, I pulled out a ziplock bag about 6 inches square to put the remains in. It was a car over the side that had been there about 4 years.

The area the plane went down in is big time bear country....they will have to search every inch of ground for 1/2 mile in each direction to find anything.

Well, the mystery is mostly over. We'll probably never know the why's of this accident. The engine was ripped from the aircraft and ended up several hundred feet away (normal in this type of incident).

Maybe weather, wave effect, stall and spin? who knows.. May he rest in peace, hopefully this will allow some closure to the family.

Goldy