Looking for Turbine Time Building

Anybody know of 'cheap' turbine time available somewhere in the USA?

Any make, any model, just needs to be a turbine....thanks!

Many pilots come out to LA and fly the 206 doing some tv/radio work. I have heard nothing but good things about the training, and it runs about $175 or so an hour.

You can PM me and I will send you the web link. I don't see their ad on the board....so no free advertising!

Goldy

Might be a little while to wait, but...

"RotorWay And Rolls-Royce Unveil The Eagle 300T Thu, 30 Jul '09

Lightweight Turbine Helicopter Meant For Training, Proficiency

By Jennifer Staretorp

A project that began a year ago as an informal discussion between companies at Oshkosh was revealed today in a press conference help by RotorWay International and Rolls-Royce. "Some of you may have heard rumors," began Grant Norwitz, Chairman and CEO of RotorWay International. But it wasn't until today that the secret project was finally revealed.

The new Eagle 300T is outfitted with the Rolls-Royce RR300 lightweight turbine powered engine. The Eagle 300T has a useful load of 1100 pounds, will cruise at 110 knots/127 mph with a ceiling of 13,000 feet. With a fuel capacity of 80 gallons the helicopter will have a flight duration of 2 hours and allows for a 30 minute reserve. The purpose behind the Eagle 300T is to serve a niche market of initial turbine training.

The helicopter makes safe and cost effective training available to professional pilots and allows them to build turbine hours. "It is an ideal match and we are proud to be part a part of it," said Ken Roberts, President of the Rolls-Royce Helicopter Engine Business."

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

Might be a little while to wait, but...

"RotorWay And Rolls-Royce Unveil The Eagle 300T Thu, 30 Jul '09

Lightweight Turbine Helicopter Meant For Training, Proficiency

By Jennifer Staretorp

A project that began a year ago as an informal discussion between companies at Oshkosh was revealed today in a press conference help by RotorWay International and Rolls-Royce. "Some of you may have heard rumors," began Grant Norwitz, Chairman and CEO of RotorWay International. But it wasn't until today that the secret project was finally revealed.

The new Eagle 300T is outfitted with the Rolls-Royce RR300 lightweight turbine powered engine. The Eagle 300T has a useful load of 1100 pounds, will cruise at 110 knots/127 mph with a ceiling of 13,000 feet. With a fuel capacity of 80 gallons the helicopter will have a flight duration of 2 hours and allows for a 30 minute reserve. The purpose behind the Eagle 300T is to serve a niche market of initial turbine training.

The helicopter makes safe and cost effective training available to professional pilots and allows them to build turbine hours. "It is an ideal match and we are proud to be part a part of it," said Ken Roberts, President of the Rolls-Royce Helicopter Engine Business."

-WATCH FOR THE WIRES-

I have a turbine Rotorway for sale. 90K takes it. Email me for details at matt@blueconcalgary.ca. I am selling because I bought a 44.

• 9 months later...

Many pilots come out to LA and fly the 206 doing some tv/radio work. I have heard nothing but good things about the training, and it runs about $175 or so an hour.

You can PM me and I will send you the web link. I don't see their ad on the board....so no free advertising!

Goldy

Anybody know of 'cheap' turbine time available somewhere in the USA?

Any make, any model, just needs to be a turbine....thanks!

I get these emails from JR Aviation in St. Louis for Turbine time building in an ASTAR. Here is the latest one. You can email her to get on the mailing list.

Here are two upcoming turbine opportunities. Reminder it is only $295 per hour in the ASTAR 350.

1) Sunday, May 16th – Monday, May 17th

May 16th - Leaving late morning from St. Louis (SUS) to Kansas City, MO 2 hrs of flight time.

After job is complete flying to Oklahoma City, OK 2 hrs of flight time.

After job is complete either overnight in Oklahoma City or continue on to Tulsa 1 hr of flight time.

May 17th – Lift job 7:30am Central, after job is complete depart Tulsa and flying back to SUS 3 hrs of flight time.

Total time for the trip is approximately 8 hrs of flight time.

2) Friday, May 21st

Leaving around 3pm Central from St. Louis (SUS) to Quincy, IL 1.5 hrs flight time.

Job is at 5pm Central, after which we will be returning to SUS 1.5 hrs flight time.

Total time for trip is approximately 3 hours of flight time.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested in either trip.

Best Regards,

Kim Brooks

Vice President

J.R. Aviation, Inc.

Phone: (812) 246-5761

Fax: (812) 246-5762

kbrooks@jraviation.win.net