Loggin PIC in the R22

I got my private in a 300CBI and am now in the process of learning to fly the R22. I am a bit confused about logging time. Book says that I cannot log PIC in the R22 until I have 50 hours or already have 200 hours of helicopter time? If this is correct, i am going to spend a lot of money before i can start logging PIC thus dragging out my commercial ticket. I would have stayed with 300CBI but non in the area.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

John

No, it says you cannot act as PIC.

But [in some cases] as long as you are the sole manipulator of the controls, then you can log it as PIC + Dual received.

Depends on the FSDO really. Ours said you could log the time since you were rated for cat/class when the sole manipultor of the controls. Double check with your FSDO or DPE.

It's been a long time since I've read SFAR 73, but 200 ttl heli and 50 R22 was to instruct, not to act as PIC. I thought it was 10 hrs dual in a R22 for a PIC endorsement.

Thanks for the info, I will run it by the local DPE. I think 10 is more like it as i've been sole controls 99% of the time save for some excellent guidance by my CFI. I must say I like that little R22, she skoots along real nice.

The 10 hours are required to act as a PIC, as delorean stated.

"(1) No person may act as pilot in command of a Robinson model R-22 unless that person:

(ii) has had at least 10 hours dual instruction in the Robinson R-22 and has received an endorsement"

You can log PIC right away, as far as I know.

Don't forget you also need an R-22 specific flight review as well to act as PIC.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance...74?OpenDocument

Thanks for the info, I will run it by the local DPE. I think 10 is more like it as i've been sole controls 99% of the time save for some excellent guidance by my CFI. I must say I like that little R22, she skoots along real nice.

John- where are you flying?