DOI/USFS carded?

Still not finding it. Does any one know off the top of their head? Or who specifically to call to find out? I'm pretty sure there is a 150' Long line req. as well as "mountain/ high dens alt" time. Just having trouble finding the specific amount.

Still not finding it. Does any one know off the top of their head? Or who specifically to call to find out? I'm pretty sure there is a 150' Long line req. as well as "mountain/ high dens alt" time. Just having trouble finding the specific amount.

try this: http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/Search.aspx?lid=316&sort=rv%2c-dtex&rad_units=miles&brd=3876&pp=50&fn=12768&jbf574=AG11&vw=b&re=134&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&caller=basic.aspx&ss=0#84629739

Try this:

http://amd.nbc.gov/fc/library/ARASpecsTerms&Conditions.pdf

page 11 and pg 17 (probably others too, but I was only skimming)

It spells out the minimums, but I didn't see the sling stuff. Talking with an inspector today he said 10 hours as a minimum experience, and he emphasized that is a minimum, that there is also the proficiency, which was to keep a load on a 150' line within a 10' radius, I believe, within 5' of the surface for 30 seconds. Tighter tolerances and 2 minutes for a live load. Sorry that i couldn't find the exact reference, but he also said the the specific contract may have tighter requirements.

Edited by C of G

What are the minimums for obtaining a DOI/USFS card? Where can one find the regs pertaining to obtaining one.

Here is what you need:

Pilot Requirements:

Pilots shall have logged minimum-flying time as Pilot-In-Command as follows:

1500 hours total time in helicopters.

100 hours total time in helicopter in last 12 months.

100 hours total time in weight class of helicopter offered. Defined as: Small - Up to an approved gross weight of

6000 pounds, Medium - Between 6001-12500 pounds approved gross weight, Large - Above 12,500 pound

approved gross weight.

100 hours total time in turbine helicopters.

50 hours total time in make and model of helicopter offered. Requirements may be reduced by 50% if the pilot

shows evidence of satisfactorily completing the manufactures approved ground school and flight check in make,

model and series of helicopter used on this contract.

10 hours total time in make, model and series of helicopter offered, last 60 days.

5 hours total time in make, model, and series of helicopter offered, last 30 days.

10 hours total time in non-radar environments and remote locations in make and model helicopter offered.

Defined as: rural Alaska or similar location.

200 hours total time in mountainous terrain. Defined as pinnacle landings and approaches at various elevations

and density altitudes in areas of rugged peaks, deep canyons, cliffs, rock outcroppings, steep slopes, including

landing on mountain tops and confined areas surrounded by trees, brush, rocks, snow, and ice.

The Division of Forestry may provide forms to document experience

In addition to the requrements above you also neeed

1) current 135 "Form 8410-3"

2) USFS Form "FS-5700-20A" OR AMD Form "Form 64B"

3) Part 133 & Part 137 endorsement

3) Completed "Vertical reference Flight Training Endorsement" with 150' line

4) "External Load Certificate of Training and Qualification" in form of a laminated card " (drivers licence card size)

5) take 4 online classes H1, H2, H3 and Hazmat A-110 on this webpage https://www.iat.gov/...ages/online.asp and print out your certificates.

6) Be proficient with your GPS(i.e G430B, 530, etc) in your helicopter and with the DNR Radio ( i.e. Technisonic 138. 500. 550. etc)

7) and other paper stuff like copies of your medical, certificates..etc

8) a filled and signed DNR INTERAGENCY HELICOPTER LOAD CALCULATION "OAS-67/FS 5700-17"