MD 500 Main Rotor Blade Test

First test of new low-noise signature main rotor system.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byC1wcVDaFQ

I'm skeptical as to the test of a new low noise signature blade system in this video. For non NOTAR ships, MD has long offered a 4-blade tail rotor system to cut noise. Back when we had MD products, all of our ships had the 4-blade tail rotor. I would assume if they were making comparative noise studies on the main rotor system with this ship, it would be fitted with the 4-blade tail rotor system to further cut the noise signature.

All that aside, I would assume that if MD was doing development testing, they would do so on a ship that belongs to them. This ship is registered to an LLC out of Missoula Montana.

Not picking on you, or the video, Im always skeptical of stuff that comes off of youtube, etc, unless the poster has first hand knowledge. There's a lot of stuff out there that's purported to be siomething it's not. To me, it looks like some guys videotaping their buddy showing off with his ship. Gotta love the internet.