FAA CPL (H)

parkhall

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at converting my New Zealand CAA PPL (H) to the equivilqant FAA Certificate and then going through to get a FAA CPL(H).

Is there any Kiwi's out there that have done this lately?,if so how did you find the Knowledge and Oral Test compared to the NZ system?.Any advise on this would be appreciated. I have the required hours and have been approved by the FAA FSDO.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at converting my New Zealand CAA PPL (H) to the equivilqant FAA Certificate and then going through to get a FAA CPL(H).

Is there any Kiwi's out there that have done this lately?,if so how did you find the Knowledge and Oral Test compared to the NZ system?.Any advise on this would be appreciated. I have the required hours and have been approved by the FAA FSDO.

No first hand experience in this, but from everything I have heard and seen over the years, the FAA cert is a walk in the park compared to CAA. You would most likely be shocked at how easy it is for you. Probably the best thing would be to start pouring over the FAR's....everything else you know.

Edited by Goldy

I'm not a Kiwi but I did it with an Irish PPL. No problems really. The written is pretty easy and the oral is fine too. Just have to brush up on the regs for the US. Aerodynamics work the same or do they works backwards down there??? :P

All in all, it is a farily easy process. Just study up on the ASA Prepware for the written exam, get the FAA Rotorcraft flying manual and the FAR/AIM for the regs!

Best of luck.

No first hand experience in this, but from everything I have heard and seen over the years, the FAA cert is a walk in the park compared to CAA. You would most likely be shocked at how easy it is for you. Probably the best thing would be to start pouring over the FAR's....everything else you know.

Thanks for the advise,am looking to go to Hawaii to do it.

I'm not a Kiwi but I did it with an Irish PPL. No problems really. The written is pretty easy and the oral is fine too. Just have to brush up on the regs for the US. Aerodynamics work the same or do they works backwards down there??? :P

All in all, it is a farily easy process. Just study up on the ASA Prepware for the written exam, get the FAA Rotorcraft flying manual and the FAR/AIM for the regs!

Best of luck.

Thanks for the advise,sounds good, I have the Prepware stuff so I'll go from there.

The areodynamics are the same, we just fly on a funny angle and in your future.

Cheers