Flying the ditch?

rotorbreak

I know some of this has been covered already but I'm having trouble finding it.

I know it is too late to try and get on this season but I meet the requirements. What time next year should I start talking to the operators in that area?

Can someone who works for one of the tour companies in the ditch let me know what the average pay is? Is that on the south rim or Vegas side?

Where are the good places to look for rental apartments? I have a family and I want to live on "the good side of the tracks". If you have info please include south rim as well as Vegas.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your responses.

I am of the opinion that it is never too late really. You may have missed the first wave, but there will be other opportunities as the season progresses. There will be people who pursue other opportunities at all of the companies, and some of them will hire to replace. I was hired last season in late July. You just have to keep your name in the hat and on the minds of the hiring authorities. Good luck!

I know some of this has been covered already but I'm having trouble finding it.

I know it is too late to try and get on this season but I meet the requirements. What time next year should I start talking to the operators in that area?

I know a pilot that just left last week unexpectedly for another position, so I would keep in contact with the operators.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I should have been a little more clear with my intentions. While I do have the required hours I have committed to my current boss to stay with him through 2011. So I will be looking for employment with them next season. I just want to get my ducks in a row as getting a position in the gulf seems to be getting harder and harder (granted I haven't tried yet).

I looked at heli salaries and they seem to be out dated. I was hoping to get some info on "average pay" from someone that is currently employed by one of the operators.

Thank you again for the replies.