NYC area flight school

Use the search feature on this site and you'll find the previous conversations you're looking for. There's plenty to choose from within an hour or 2 from the city.

Nassau Helicopters

Pegasus Helicopters

Wings Air

Helicopter Flight Training, one on LI and one at Flying W airport in Jersey. Different companies.

Northeast Helicopters

Use the search feature on this site and you'll find the previous conversations you're looking for. There's plenty to choose from within an hour or 2 from the city.

Nassau Helicopters

Pegasus Helicopters

Wings Air

Helicopter Flight Training, one on LI and one at Flying W airport in Jersey. Different companies.

Northeast Helicopters

I have researched some of these schools. I guess what I'm asking is...Is one school better than the other? Has anyone attended these schools with good results? Thanks for the suggestions and any input you may have.

The best way is to visit some of them and see what suits you. You might hate a school that I like, etc etc!

I know it can be daunting but the best way to find out about a flight school is to visit, talk with some instructors and students.

I have researched some of these schools. I guess what I'm asking is...Is one school better than the other? Has anyone attended these schools with good results? Thanks for the suggestions and any input you may have.

Like I said, try searching some of those names on this site and you'll find some info, and like Trans Lift said, a visit is the best way to get a feel for each school. You're going to be spending a lot of money, you might as well take a few days and hit the road to shop around.

I haven't been able to get much helicopter training (I do have my fixed wing PPL), but Nassau Helicopters has some of the nicest instructors I have ever met.

Personally, I didn't connect with the instructors at Helicopter Flying Services at Flying W or Pegasus in Linden. Their operation do seem very nice, the attitudes of the instructor's just didn't mesh with me very well.

I haven't been able to get much helicopter training (I do have my fixed wing PPL), but Nassau Helicopters has some of the nicest instructors I have ever met.

Personally, I didn't connect with the instructors at Helicopter Flying Services at Flying W or Pegasus in Linden. Their operation do seem very nice, the attitudes of the instructor's just didn't mesh with me very well.

Thanks for the input. Another member of the forum also recomended Nassau. I'll stop in to check them out when I'm in the area.