How does UVSC work

I got in with them through my flight school (i.e. they handled the paperwork). The organization which controlled my loan after it was dispersed, was called the Pilot Career Foundation (not the flight school). They issued me a debit-style card to cover the cost of flying (and the loan, 80K, covered everything).

This was a while ago, so things may have changed?

:mellow:

UVSC has since become Utah Valley University and, if I remember correctly, support for rotorcraft students was stopped in 2009.

http://www.uvu.edu/aviation/program/09_Curriculum_update.pdf

To sum that all up, for FAA ratings accepted by UVU, they must be airplane tests and certificates.

I'm enrolled as an Administration student so I'm not sure I can give you the details you'd be looking for, but feel free to drop me a PM if you're looking for any help getting started. Hope this helps; I'm sure it's not what you wanted to hear.

As a side note though, and not directly endorsed by the school: you would be able to use whatever Financial Aid that covers the gap between your actual tuition and the allowed cost of attendance to pay for a portion of your flight training. The viability of this depends upon your specific financial situation, because that aid would be handled by the government programs for student aid. I would recommend careful consideration before pursuing this route.

UVSC has since become Utah Valley University and, if I remember correctly, support for rotorcraft students was stopped in 2009.

I guess that could answer why, when last I heard, my old school had switched to Embry-Riddle?

:huh: