Seasonal jobs

I was wondering what helicopter jobs out there are seasonal (or can be seasonal) and approximately what the season is? For example, flying tours in Alaska is seasonal (don't know when the usual start and end of the season is), while flying tours in Las Vegas is year around (I assume). Also, do "year around" jobs, like tours in Las Vegas, etc., also have certain time periods when they bring on seasonal pilots or do they just fly more during the busy season vs. the slow season. Wondering if a person that is willing to travel about would have the ability to pick and choose where they go and when (to some extent).

Alaska begins in April and goes through September. Hiring starts in January. I'm told Papillon hires through June and requires a year long contract so you wouldn't be able to follow the seasonal jobs.

Aside from tours, fires, forestry, heli-skiing, etc. are all seasonal but have much higher minimums than tours.

Thanks! I assume the other sectors can be somewhat seasonal as well, correct? Mainly trying to gather information about the industry as I'm not close to being employable. By the time I am, my wife and I will be able to travel more (kids out of the house) so I I'm starting to look at what is feasible (in terms of seasons, etc.) to figure out what might be possible if we were willing to move about periodically (few months to a few years) vs. trying to stay put somewhere and put down roots for many years.

Tours seem to want 1,000-1,500 hrs., I know EMS runs 2,000-3,000 minimum. What about fires, forestry, heli-skiiing, long-line/external load, or others?

It really depends on the operator but I've talked to guys who do fires and heli-skiing and they said around 5000. You can get some long line jobs at lower hours but it's really who you know. It's not scientific, but I'd venture to guess around 95% of pilots get their ratings, become a CFI, graduate to tours and then branch out from there so being willing to move often is definitely in your favor.

Fires start at 1500hrs tt with 100hrs turbine and 50hrs in make and model or 25 hrs in make and model if you went the the factory training plus 10hrs of long line training if you are planning On doing long line

I will agree with you on everything except the long line training. There isnt a specified amount just proficient with the 150' line.