ANNUAL TIME SUX

I hate annual time. The ship is down, the weather is beautiful, days are long and I'm on the ground.

In my third week. There aren't that many squawks, but with disassembly, inspection, waiting on parts and blade tracking ... four weeks seems to be the norm.

Has anyone else been able to get in and out sooner?

Edited by MileHi480B

2 options for you to consider...

1) have the annual done in the winter when flying is less..an annual can be accomplished anytime... you don't have to wait til it is due.

2) consider changing to a progressive inspection... this format has 4 phases and you do one every 90 days and in a years time you have inspected the entire helicopter. This way the aircraft is down less time in a particular season but still gets lots of looks thru the year.

• Like 2

2 options for you to consider...

1) have the annual done in the winter when flying is less..an annual can be accomplished anytime... you don't have to wait til it is due.

2) consider changing to a progressive inspection... this format has 4 phases and you do one every 90 days and in a years time you have inspected the entire helicopter. This way the aircraft is down less time in a particular season but still gets lots of looks thru the year.

My last Enstrom annual was 4 days. And we waited for parts. Of course, I assisted in the annual, doing all the grunt work. You can do an annual early, but it will reset the annual due date. However, that is something you might want to consider. Usually late winter to early spring, mechanics are not quite as busy. As for a progressive inspection, if I remember correctly, you have to have a manufacturer or FAA approved program. And the FAA is not too crazy about approving a progressive program for a private operator, unless they fly a LOT.