Specialized Aviation in Watsonville, Ca reviews/experience?

I got my private lic thru Specialized in 2008/2009. I had an excellent experience with them. The location is really ideal. They have excellent off airport landing locations in the Santa Cruz Mtns a short flight away, great exposure to all kinds of airspace with Salinas, Reid Hillview, and Monterey close by. I'm now a CFII working as a Tour pilot and can say with confidence the instruction I received at Specialized was as good or better than any I received elsewhere. My primary instructor was Paul who still does some work there. I would highly reccomend him.

I only did my private with Specialized, because of my work situation at the time it was easier for me to finish my training closer to home. I currently work flying tours on the East Coast. Feel free to contact me for further info on my experience there. jeremiahjae@hotmail.com. Good luck finding a school thats a good fit for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I only did my private with Specialized, because of my work situation at the time it was easier for me to finish my training closer to home. I currently work flying tours on the East Coast. Feel free to contact me for further info on my experience there. jeremiahjae@hotmail.com. Good luck finding a school thats a good fit for you.

Thanks! email sent.

I attended Specialized Aviation to complete my commercial training. I was very happy with my transfer to this school. The training I received was great, even though most of the Cfi's I trained with have moved on. Chris does a great job networking and finding jobs for his Cfi's and students. I wouldnt have my opportunity as a aerial applicator if it wasn't for Chris. I stop by often and the school still has the same feel, with competent Cfi's. Also, a great area to train. The microclimate in the watsonvill area is great. With a coastal range to the east for off airport's and the busy airports in the Silicon Valley, every aspect of training can be achieved. I am not pitching for Chris or Specialized. That was my experience. I still work in the area. You can IM me with other questions.

I did all of my flight training at Specialized, PPL - CFII then instructed there for almost 2 years. I left for a turbine job and to further my career. My experience there was excellent. I put 100% effort in and got the same in return.

Do yourself a favor Balcksheep; go visit their facility and any other flight school you are interested in! Ask lots of questions, have a look at their helicopters, and try to get a feel for what it would be like to train there.

Aptos, Capitola, and Santa Cruz are great places to live....now I vacation down the street from the flight school lol.

Good luck! PM with any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...