Hughes 269 Question

Are you looking for us to steer you in the direction of finding one? Here: http://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?s-type=aircraft&s-seq=2&s-lvl=1&make=Hughes&s-page_size=25&s-page=1

Trade-a-plane, it's 70,000 and located in Michigan

Are you looking for us to steer you in the direction of purchasing one?

1. Find one for sale

2. Check the logbooks or have a mechanic inspect it

3. trade money for the helicopter (unless the seller takes trade or accepts backrubs as a form of payment, then use your best judgment)

4. Get it insured

5. Fly it.

repeat step 5 as necessary for optimal enjoyment

One thing to keep in mind that there are several 269A's out there that are actually TH55's. From what I understand there were some minor differences between the two. Many have been upgraded with the elastomeric dampers. I believe there is a kit for sale on barnstormers.com for the kit. There is also a 269A-1 model which has the elastomeric dampers and an injected engine. Which in my opinion would be the best of the A family.

Definitely get a pre-purchase inspection and check the component times. If it is the one I am thinking of, it does not have a lot of time on some of the high cost components.

Damn... you really can buy anything on ebay... haha.

@apia: I'm not sure who was worked up. Everyone seems pretty calm to me. :) I honestly have no clue how I'd be able to help him, but since no one had responded to him yet in the thread, I decided to get the ball rolling.