Lets try it from this angle!

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which definition do you prefer?

• (3) For Helicopters - The logging of flight time begins with engine start-up and ends with engine shut-down, for the intent of flight.
    • (3) For Helicopters - The logging of flight time begins when the skids/wheels leave the ground, for the intent of flight, and ends when the skids/wheels touch the ground, for the intent of engine shut-down.

The penny hasn't dropped for me. Gomer didn't convince me! Because I'm not advocating logging startup to shutdown! I'm just saying that's what I (and many) were taught!

You gladly subtracted .2? We R22 guys didn't know we had to (if your interpretation is correct!).

I give up. Every reference points to the fact the reg reads what it reads. You wanna disagree go right ahead. But should you ever check with the general counsel, I look forward to you posting their reply. Because I'm not one of those guys that hates to tell you "I told you so". I love it.

By the way, what do you mean "We R22 guys? What do you think I was flying during my training? And I can read your posts. You are advocating it. It's what you have been doing, apparently, and it's what you are clinging to.

Edited by C of G

The simple fact is that you can put anything you want in your logbook. Nobody is looking over your shoulder when you make entries. It is, and always has been, a matter of personal integrity. If someone has a few hours extra, likely nobody will notice. Log a few thousand when you only have a few hundred, and it becomes obvious. Bottom line, the rules are the rules, and it's up to each individual to follow them, or not. Getting caught fudging is likely to be fatal to your flying career, though.