JosephWoodrell Posted June 18, 2013 Report Share Posted June 18, 2013 Hey guys I have run into an interesting time conflict. I was preparing my flight packet last year and rand into the roadblock of needing eye surgery. It took a while to get that approved and done. I have the surgery done now and my vision is within the range (used to be -2.25, now its -0.75) I have to re-class because my current MOS is being deleted and I can't reenlist as it. I was planning (before the eye surgery thing) to have my packet in and know yea or nay on being selected before I had to do AIT. I scheduled the SIFT because I had time to and took it this morning. I got an 80... I had to call the examiner over to make sure I understood it right, but she looked it up in her system, and apparently I maxed out the test.(I also maxed out the ASVAB, from what they told me 138 GT, and the other scores were 150's range) So my dilemma now is I leave for AIT 5 August, and its almost a year long. If i put my packet in for the September board I wouldn't know till October if I was picked and it would be 4-6 months? until I would go to rucker. The problem with waiting till after AIT is I just turned 32 (this Sunday) so I would be right at or past my 33rd birthday before I got done with AIT and from what I was told the age waiver is very hard to get. My only known weak spot is in my PT, I am not a 270-300 PT stud, im around 230. But my intelligence is my strength, you can always get stronger. Technically I could request to pull my AIT seat and chance being picked up, but If I wasn't I would be up a creek. how do you think I should proceed? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.