Jump to content

National registration


Recommended Posts

It can be. You will have to have a CofA (Certificate of Airworthiness) inspection done of a DAR (Designate Airworthiness Representative) Since the machine is from Canada, it shouldn't be too difficult. But a IA will have to also do an annual inspection.


To make the change over as painless as possible, it will not be completely painless I assure you, make sure the logbooks are in english, if not have the non-english pages translated into english. Ensure that all components that have been repair or overhauled have FAA acceptable documentation or have been done by a certified shop. There are some reciprocity between the US and Canada so have that lined up for the DAR.


Good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a feeling that it wouldn't be easy. I bought a VW here in Georgia that was still registered in Florida. The title was missing one character in the 17 digit VIN code, so the GA DOT refused to register it until the Florida title was accurate. Took me four months and countless calls to Tallahassee to get it fixed. Probably irrelevant - but the scar tissue is still there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...