Fort Meyers fla helicopter training startup ?

I am looking to relocate in SW Florida...........I don't see much helicopter instructing going on there............,I am a CFI-H and would be willing to get a school going, would like to hear suggestions from anyone interested.

I am currently a part 135 operation w a R 44 Raven I. I can't get business where I am currently....and that's with offering my pristine ship for flight instruction @ $330 per hour!!!

In SW Florida I would either do a 300, or a R 22.

Please let me know if you would be interested and or suggestions.

Again, I'm not new at this.........I have a love of the industry and like training.

Thanks.

Any reason for the Fort Myers area? I know my Buddy is running Heli Aviation in Sarasota. He has a big fleet with a few R-44's -R-22 R-66 and an Agusta-109 . They are doing well.

Honestly there are a lot of people like my self that don't want to train in the R-22, and I know a lot of Students that travel to Ormond beach to train in the 300, as they are over the weight limit of the R-22. I think you would be wise to go with the 300.

I live in Deleon Springs, about 5 miles from Deland, and this is a very Aviation Friendly Area.

You might could do very well in this area with the R-44 doing beach tour rides. That is if you decided to look on the east coast. If it was me I would go with the 300. I went to Thomlinson to talk to them about getting training so I could get legal to fly my Home built helicopter when it is ready, and they have a waiting list of students, and they train with the 300.

Just found your facebook page, nice R-44.

Thank you. It is pristine and just overhauled 15 months ago. The big overhaul $160,000. 135 ops need to do the big O/H. Tt 985.

Simply will be moving to ft Meyers. I like the 300. I see too many faults w the r22. I have 250 hrs in the r22, but it's not made for what it does. 300 is much more rugged. Built to handle the riggers of training. The R 22 is not my idea of a training platform. The R 44 is and flies very nice, I instruct in it...very much built for the training function in my opinion.

• Like 1

Am I able to land ship at residence in lee county florida? Would like to build my hangar w house and live that life.

make sure to check the zoning,I was going to move to Arcadia fl. found 4 acres out in the Middle of no where. and the county wanted me to pay a fee to have it go before the zoning commission,and no guarantee it would be approved. the first person at the zoning office had given us false info and said ,since it was zoned AG we would not need a permit to build a Helipad there. when we had made an offer on a house, and called to verify, the guy said the lady we had talked to was misinformed and no longer even worked in the department any more. now that said, a lot of those County’s have good zoning maps that you can check the zoning in your area.

• Like 1

Thank you...I will be on the caloos too. Just want to live like a superstar.

The 300C I will use for FI and try and do a rides,tours, photo thing. My 135 won't transfer I am being told..........would you think that's accurate info?

That's where I am. I've often asked myself why there aren't many schools here. There is a small school at Venice airport also that uses the 22 and maybe a 44. But they don't do Instrument ratings. Beyond the other school that was mentioned above there isn't anything on the gulf side down here for helicopters.

Edited by Flying Pig

There will be...I went down to look at land on the water three weeks ago. Found some I like so I am going back down mid month. I saw nothing flying but a biplane over ft Meyers beach......I will not instruct in R22s but will definitely be selling operation here and buying a 300c for down there. Instrument ship. Nice to train in.

• Like 2