How to read performance charts?

Curyfury

On the r22 charts, you'll always see a dashed line on the far left end of the temperature ranges, usually saying 12,700' density altitude. Is this a limit, even though its supposed to be rated to 14,000' or something like that. I dont have a poh in front of me, so these numbers arent exact. What if your weight and altitude is to the left of this dashed line, does that mean temperature isnt taken into account?

• Like 3

That dashed line and density altitude just represents where they had to do the test during the certification process. It is not a limit. If you need to go beyond it just take a pencil and extend the temperature lines.

You'll learn all sorts of goodies like that when you take Robinson's factory course, but sign up early it can take 6 months to get the date you want.

:)

Edited by r22butters
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind you probably shouldn't extend those lines in their diagonal form, but rather follow it over horizontally to the pressure altitude where the end of the temperature line resides. That's what I was taught and teach, anyways. It'll be on the conservative side, if nothing else.