SIFT Testing Locations

So I am currently in the process of scheduling my SIFT test as a WOFT applicant. I went to my colleges ROTC building and got in contact with the gentleman who administers the SIFT test there and asked if it would be possible for me to schedule a time to take the SIFT. He said of course and just to email him when it would work. However, upon texting my recruiter he told me that I could only take the SIFT test through MEPS since I was not processing through ROTC. My recruiter told me he would ask up the chain of command but he assumed he would get the same answer. So I was curious if anyone else had experience with taking the SIFT test outside of MEPS. The gentleman at ROTC is a certified test proctor through the Army, the SIFT test shouldn't be any different taken at MEPS or ROTC, and on the USAREC website it lists ROTC as a certified testing facility. So I don't understand why it would not be possible.. I would also prefer to only take 3 hours out of my afternoon rather than take a whole day to go to MEPS and take the test at 6am if possible.

Thank you for any information you can provide,

Gideon

The SIFT is the same at MEPS or an authorized test location. If I were you, I would just do it through ROTC and then bring the results to your recruiter. If you pass, you cannot take it again so you'll have to use the results.

Interestingly, my recruiter told me the same thing, so I ended up just taking it at the MEPS. Since they only offered it every other week, I lost a little bit of time waiting to take it there compared to if I would've been able to take it at the local ROTC program under similar circumstances.

The SIFT is the same at MEPS or an authorized test location. If I were you, I would just do it through ROTC and then bring the results to your recruiter. If you pass, you cannot take it again so you'll have to use the results.

I've seriously thought about doing that. I just am a little nervous about him just being like "Well, I can't accept this so I can't do anything else for you." Or something along the lines of that =P

I've seriously thought about doing that. I just am a little nervous about him just being like "Well, I can't accept this so I can't do anything else for you." Or something along the lines of that =P

They have to accept it as long as it's taken at an authorized test location.

I was Army Reserve when I got selected. I took the SIFT while I was deployed and just brought the results with me when I went to the recruiter once I was home.

If you are really concerned with how your recruiter might act toward you after then just go to MEPS. I don't know why he/she would be salty about it though, considering its one less thing they would have to do for you.

I talked with my recruiter and he told me that the reason I need to go in is so that MEPS can quality control the test. For example if I knew the test proctor he would maybe let me use a calculator or cheat in some other. Kinda annoying but overall makes sense.. Scheduled the test for this coming Wednesday at MEPS.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts on the topic! I just decided to play it safe.