Army WOFT Application with a twist

Hello, I'm applying to Army WOFT with the hopes of flying UH-60s and starting to work with a recruiter, however I have a few twists in my application that aren't standard. I also need some guidance for my essay.

I'm a Civil Air Patrol cadet, and I'll be a C/2dLt by the time I actually sign my contract. I've been in it for 5 years and have been super active, with both flight experience and emergency services experience from it. Would they be interested in hearing about that? Would they only be interested in a few things (e.g. Search and Rescue Find Ribbon, Disaster Relief Ribbon with a V, any performance based awards)?

I graduated/dropped out/tested out of high school by getting my GED as a sophomore, and had crappy grades after I moved to a new high school (went to that high school for 3 semesters). However, I immediately started on my associates degree and have been doing pretty well (high B average). I'm majoring in criminal justice if that matters at all. 

The reason I'm getting into Army Aviation is because I got to fly in a UH-60 as a 13-year old cadet, and sat in the left gunner seat. Everything just clicked for me at that moment and I knew I wanted to fly them.

I have a ton of FEMA training, and I'm planning to get my EMT-B before I sign my contract as well. Is there anything else anyone would recommend? Any glaring issues to resolve? 

Guest Jesslee
12 hours ago, tornado_fyre said:

Hello, I'm applying to Army WOFT with the hopes of flying UH-60s and starting to work with a recruiter, however I have a few twists in my application that aren't standard. I also need some guidance for my essay.

I'm a Civil Air Patrol cadet, and I'll be a C/2dLt by the time I actually sign my contract. I've been in it for 5 years and have been super active, with both flight experience and emergency services experience from it. Would they be interested in hearing about that?

My son was a PO3 in the USNSCC (Sea Cadets). He was also the Cadet Of The Year (Theodore Roosevelt Youth Medal) When he was discharged from the cadets he received paperwork stating he was allowed advanced enlistment rank to E-3.  He also had an exemplary record of leadership, community service, and achievements.   He is boarding for WOFT in September and his recruiter said that it was crucial to include these things in his packet, resume, and to briefly discuss in his essay.   I would be certain to include your experiences. It will help you be competitive and show leadership.