Canadian CPL for $5300!!!

Well, they do say you will have to work for one of their companies, probably mopping floors or something like that.... and you'll probably be doing it for quite a while too. If thats not the case, then it a scam.

There is no way they can even fly a helicopter for that cheap.

Well, they do say you will have to work for one of their companies, probably mopping floors or something like that.... and you'll probably be doing it for quite a while too. If thats not the case, then it a scam.

More likely a sales position...probably real estate, timeshares or something like that (maybe even water filters...nah). The "student" pays $5k and as long as he makes his quota he continues training. When he doesn't (usually because he's run out of family-member customers) he's dropped and the next guy comes in.

More likely a sales position...probably real estate, timeshares or something like that (maybe even water filters...nah). The "student" pays $5k and as long as he makes his quota he continues training. When he doesn't (usually because he's run out of family-member customers) he's dropped and the next guy comes in.

Hey! I went to one of those water filter scam seminars too. Of course I didn't know what I would be selling until I got there. Once I found out what it was, I split.

On the subject however, I just ran the numbers on this deal using what they provided on their website. You get 2 weeks off for Christmas, 1 for Easter and four months off in the summer. With only 52 weeks in the year, you will be working 33 of them. Working 40 hrs a week would equal 1320 hrs per year times two years or 2640 hours total. They say that your work will be the "unskilled labor" type. I don't know what unskilled laborers get paid in Canada but where I live, $7/hr would be about right. At that rate, you would only do $18,480.00 worth of work for them in two years. If you're paying $5350.00 up front, the grand total is $23,830.00 They quote 100 hrs for a CPL in Canada which works out to $238.30/hr and they specify that you'll be flying an Enstrom 280FX, not exactly a cheap machine.

It's not way too good to be true but it's close.

I'm thinking it's just a ploy to get free labour for their other companies. Would love to know who the instructor is who signed on for this though.

And given that for a Canadian CPL you only need 100 hours, any pilots who actually finished and get a license won't be able to fly worth a crap if it's spread out over 2 years.

Pretty sure they're smoking crack too looking at the figures they quote for most other schools in Canada. They say most will charge $75k or more. Only 2 schools in the country exceed that mark, and only because all the training is turbine. The rest fall between $43K and $51K depending on whether you get a turbine endoresement or not. Feeding false info like that to try and sway opinions shows a total lack of credibility. <_>

Hopefully no one gets sucked into it.