Back from Demo

Good stuff. The instructor was very cool. Went up for an hour. First half I was thinking loose on the cyclic and still found myself grasping it. Mid way through He took the controls landed on a little island in the San Juans. Gorgeous day. While he landed I noted how he held the cyclic and used that on the flight back. Much better. Did some S turns and gain/lose altitude. We didn't have enough time the end except for a quick hover which I promptly went shooting across the field. :lol: All in all I really liked it. More so now that I'm on the ground and not over thinking.

He gave me all the controls during the flight back which he says he usually doesn't on the first flight. I'm figuring that is more of a hey join our school you have what it takes tactic. (If you are reading this Judd I was gonna ask if you were blowing smoke but the wife showed up :D ) Either way Ill at least take another demo flight and make sure its what I want to do before I drop the big coin!

Thanks for all the feedback in the other post guys......

Good stuff. The instructor was very cool. Went up for an hour. First half I was thinking loose on the cyclic and still found myself grasping it. Mid way through He took the controls landed on a little island in the San Juans. Gorgeous day. While he landed I noted how he held the cyclic and used that on the flight back. Much better. Did some S turns and gain/lose altitude. We didn't have enough time the end except for a quick hover which I promptly went shooting across the field. :lol: All in all I really liked it. More so now that I'm on the ground and not over thinking.

He gave me all the controls during the flight back which he says he usually doesn't on the first flight. I'm figuring that is more of a hey join our school you have what it takes tactic. (If you are reading this Judd I was gonna ask if you were blowing smoke but the wife showed up :D ) Either way Ill at least take another demo flight and make sure its what I want to do before I drop the big coin!

Thanks for all the feedback in the other post guys......

Two thumbs up!! :D

Guest rookie101
Or you could just start knocking off liquer stores.

Or you could start selling drugs to little kids that way you could get 'em hooked early, that way you've got some 'dedicated' customers, I hear that's always a quick and easy way to make $$$$

Oh yeah, you're bitten. :lol: Level flight has turned out to be the easy part and he can give the controls over completely. After a few hours I am working on approaches and having to pull up on the collective the right amount at the right time and he was sitting there with his arms crossed. I found out just how fast he can move if he needs to. I was a little late and his hand was on the collective like a blur, then right back to the "looking out the window" ploy. Each flight I can see myself getting a little better.

Hey guys that are using the R22 or the 300, do they have a governed throttle? The Enstrom 280 that I am learning on has a correlated throttle and its a pain in the neck. At least until I figure it out.

Hey guys that are using the R22 or the 300, do they have a governed throttle? The Enstrom 280 that I am learning on has a correlated throttle and its a pain in the neck. At least until I figure it out.

The R-22 has had one for many years, but the first versions did not. I've never seen a 300 with one, it uses a correlator like you're using.

For what it is worth, the R-22 also has a correlator which does most of the work, the governor is just there for fine tuning.

Someone say San Juans? That near my neck of the woods, what school are looking at Pacific Air Academy or Glacier?

I flew with Glacier yesterday.....Where are you at up here?

As for being hooked. Im trying the whole little engine that could thing. I think Im not hooked, I think Im not hooked. :lol:

It was more taxing than I thought. Though I did relax a lot more on the leg back to the field. At first I wondered if its really what I want but I think that was the nerves talking.

I flew with Glacier yesterday.....Where are you at up here?

As for being hooked. Im trying the whole little engine that could thing. I think Im not hooked, I think Im not hooked. :lol:

It was more taxing than I thought. Though I did relax a lot more on the leg back to the field. At first I wondered if its really what I want but I think that was the nerves talking.

In Tacoma and I am also considering Glacier once I determine if I can get my vision corrected. Until then I will just have to content with the contact high I am getting from the rest of the folks here.