NYPD River Rescue

Here is a cool video of NYPD's helicopter rescuing some girl that jumped into the river. By the looks of it she did not want to get rescued. Good work by the boys in blue. I hope he left his cell phone in the helicopter before he jumped in...

http://wcbstv.com/

Here is a cool video of NYPD's helicopter rescuing some girl that jumped into the river. By the looks of it she did not want to get rescued. Good work by the boys in blue. I hope he left his cell phone in the helicopter before he jumped in...

http://wcbstv.com/

That was some awesome flying, dropping his skids onto the water, I think that qualifies as "low altitude" flight !!

The only thing better would have been a shot of the bird going under one of the bridges as he did the rescue, that would have been pretty cool.

I was on a call last year with an unnamed rescue bird. They were doing a search over the side, steep cliff, maybe 10 feet off the ground. What made it interesting is that no more than 20 feet over their head was a set of 3 high tension power lines. And this was a big bird ( 60 foot rotor diameter ) !

Gotta love great flying.

Guest rookie101

They have what we would like to call "Big Gahone's." I am just making a nerdy helicopter observation here, but you know how the lady in the newsroom was talking about what happened at the river and that little sign thing comes up showing a helicopter. That is not an A-119 Koala, rather it seems to be an Mi-8 or some Mil helo. Beside the fact, very gutsy/ballsy flying by those men in blue. B)

The helicopter in the video was indeed an Agusta 119, one of four the NYPD has... ...ah, but you are talking about the graphic that precedes the story. Never mind!